Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- The diagnostic value of QRS changes for prediction of coronary artery disease during exercise testing in women: false-positive ratesChaim Yosefy
Barzilai Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Ashkelon, Israel
Coron Artery Dis 15:147-54. 2004..The aim of this study was to compare the diagnostic accuracy of QRS duration change criteria with ST-T change criteria during ET...
- Cusp tear in bicuspid aortic valve possibly caused by phentermineChaim Yosefy
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, VBK508 Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
Int J Cardiol 106:262-3. 2006..Phentermine is known to cause valvular disease with prolonged use, but aortic valve rupture was not previously reported as a complication of phentermine valvulopathy...
- Continuation of hormone replacement therapy during acute myocardial infarction after the women's health initiative study. Is it the time for change?Chaim Yosefy
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, VBK 508 Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114 MA, USA
Int J Cardiol 107:293-8. 2006..We believe that this should be the policy until we have a double-blind placebo-control data to revise...
- Imagring silent type A aortic dissectionChaim Yosefy
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Isr Med Assoc J 8:75. 2006
- Rosiglitazone improves, while Glibenclamide worsens blood pressure control in treated hypertensive diabetic and dyslipidemic subjects via modulation of insulin resistance and sympathetic activityChaim Yosefy
Noninvasive Cardiac Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114 2696, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:215-22. 2004..We aimed to compare the effects of two hypoglycemic drugs on blood glucose, blood pressure, sympathetic activity, and insulin levels in type II diabetic and hypertensive patients...
- Mitral regurgitation augments post-myocardial infarction remodeling failure of hypertrophic compensationRonen Beeri
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:476-86. 2008..We examined whether mitral regurgitation (MR) augments post-myocardial infarction (MI) remodeling...
- Direct measurement of vena contracta area by real-time 3-dimensional echocardiography for assessing severity of mitral regurgitationChaim Yosefy
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Cardiol 104:978-83. 2009..Rapid acquisition and intuitive analysis promote practical clinical application of this central, directly visualized, measure and its correlation with outcome...
- Gene delivery of sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase inhibits ventricular remodeling in ischemic mitral regurgitationRonen Beeri
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory and Cardiac Surgery Department, Heart Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
Circ Heart Fail 3:627-34. 2010..Sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(+2)-ATPase (SERCA2a) is downregulated in this process. We hypothesized that upregulating SERCA2a might inhibit remodeling in a surgical model of apical MI (no intrinsic MR) with independent MR-type flow...
- Mitral regurgitation after anteroapical myocardial infarction: new mechanistic insightsChaim Yosefy
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
Circulation 123:1529-36. 2011..We hypothesized that anteroapical MI extending to the inferior apex displaces the papillary muscles, tethering the mitral leaflets to cause MR...
- Late repair of ischemic mitral regurgitation does not prevent left ventricular remodeling: importance of timing for beneficial repairJonathan Beaudoin
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA J B, R A L, J L G, C Y, S S, M D H, C S, N O P, G J V, R B Cardiovascular Research Center, Heart Institute, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Ein Karem, Jerusalem, Israel S A, D G, R B and Cardiovascular Research Center, Cardiovascular Institute, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY R J H
Circulation 128:S248-52. 2013..It is not known whether MR repair performed after the exhaustion of compensatory mechanisms is also beneficial. We hypothesized that late repair will not result in LV reverse remodeling...
- [Etiology of severe pulmonary hypertension--possible role of metabolic syndrome]Jacob Kogan
Department of Internal Medicine A, Barzilai Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev
Harefuah 151:405-8, 436. 2012..In clinical practice the association between obesity and pulmonary hypertension (PH) is not rare...
- Resistant arterial hypertension and hyperlipidemia: atorvastatin, not vitamin C, for blood pressure controlEli Magen
WHO Collaborative Center for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease, Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 6:742-6. 2004..This definition has evolved with the development of new therapies and evidence-based data supporting treatment to lower BP goals...
- Geometric determinants of functional tricuspid regurgitation: insights from 3-dimensional echocardiographyThanh Thao Ton-Nu
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Circulation 114:143-9. 2006..We aimed to examine the 3D geometry of the tricuspid valve annulus (TVA) in patients with functional TR, comparing them with patients with normal tricuspid valve function and relating annular geometric changes to functional TR...
- Assessment of right ventricular function by real-time three-dimensional echocardiography improves accuracy and decreases interobserver variability compared with conventional two-dimensional viewsSarah Chua
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, VBK 508, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:619-24. 2009..Real-time three-dimensional echocardiography (RT3DE) allows the RV to be viewed in multiple planes, which can potentially improve RV assessment and limit interobserver variability when compared with 2DE...
- Resistant arterial hypertension is associated with higher blood levels of complement C3 and C-reactive proteinEli Magen
Medicine B Department, Barzilai Medical Center, Barzilai Hospital, Ben Gurion University of Negev, Ashkelon, Israel
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 10:677-83. 2008..Significant positive correlations between systolic blood pressure and C3 (r = 0.6481; P < .001) and hs-CRP (r = 0.3968; P = .02) were observed in the RAH group. RAH is associated with higher blood levels of C3 and CRP...
- Association between mitral and aortic valve calcification and preferential left or right coronary artery diseaseChaim Yosefy
Cardiology Department, Barzilai Medical Center Campus, Ben Gurion University, Ashkelon, Israel
J Heart Valve Dis 18:627-33. 2009..However, no data exist concerning the association between preferential CAD side localization to the left or right coronary arteries and MAC or AVC...
- Transient ventricular fibrillation. A clinical case reportYosef Blaer
Cardiology Department, Barzilai Medical Center Campus, Ashkelon, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 6:337-9. 2007..This most unusual case shows that potentially lethal arrhythmias may be self-terminating...
- Pseudodyskinesis of the inferior left ventricular wall: recognizing an echocardiographic mimic of myocardial infarctionChaim Yosefy
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:1374-9. 2007..Such diastolic flattening of the IW is followed by systolic rounding and outward bulging, consistent with extrinsic diastolic compression that is overcome by systolic contraction...
- Proximal flow convergence region as assessed by real-time 3-dimensional echocardiography: challenging the hemispheric assumptionChaim Yosefy
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114 2696, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:389-96. 2007..We hypothesized that the PFCR contour is not necessarily hemispheric, but rather hemielliptic, and aimed to apply a hemielliptic calculation, based on the 3D contour of the PFCR for more accurate MR quantification...
- Early repair of moderate ischemic mitral regurgitation reverses left ventricular remodeling: a functional and molecular studyRonen Beeri
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Cardiovascular Research Center, and Cardiothoracic Surgery Department, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Circulation 116:I288-93. 2007..We have shown that moderate MR augments remodeling in an apical MI model (no intrinsic MR) with independent left ventricle-to-left atrial MR-type flow. We hypothesized that repairing moderate MR 1 month after MI reverses this remodeling...
- The prognostic value of post-exercise blood pressure reduction in patients with hypertensive response during exercise stress testChaim Yosefy
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, VBK 508, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Cardiol 111:352-7. 2006..We investigated whether decrease in blood pressure (BP) from peak to post-exercise would identify a subgroup at higher cardiovascular risk...
- Left atrial function during pregnancy: a three-dimensional echocardiographic studyChaim Yosefy
Department of Cardiology, Barzilai Medical Center Campus, Ben Gurion University, Ashkelon, Israel
Echocardiography 29:1096-101. 2012..Our aim was to evaluate volumetric and functional atrial parameters, using real time three-dimensional echocardiography (RT3DE) in women in early and late third trimester of pregnancy...
- New locus for autosomal dominant mitral valve prolapse on chromosome 13: clinical insights from genetic studiesFrancesca Nesta
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 112:2022-30. 2005..In the present study, we analyzed a large family segregating MVP, and identified a new locus, MMVP3. This study and others have enabled us to explore mitral valve morphological variations of currently uncertain clinical significance...
- Circadian variation of the efficacy of thrombolytic therapy in acute myocardial infarction-isn't the time ripe for cardiovascular chronotherapy?Leonardo H Reisin
Cardiology Department, Epidemiology Research Institute, Barzilai Medical Center Campus, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Ashkelon, Israel
Angiology 55:257-63. 2004..Obviously the efficacy of TT is influenced by more evident impact of chronorisk factors during the early morning hours...
- The influence of smoking cessation on hemodynamics and arterial complianceShmuel Oren
Internal Medicine Department A Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, Israel
Angiology 57:564-8. 2006..The authors conclude that smoking cessation improves arterial stiffness as assessed by the augmentation index, owing mainly to increasing the small artery compliance, which is known to be an early index of endothelial damage...
- Diabetic heart and the cardiovascular surgeonChaim Yosefy
Cardiology Department, Barzilai Medical Centre Campus, Ben Gurion University, Ashkelon, Israel
Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 8:147-52. 2008..Then, one must examine the existing evidence of how diabetes correlates with these cardiovascular consequences, followed by the need for multidisciplinary team work which helps the surgeon to cope with diabetic patients...
- Usefulness of left atrial emptying fraction to predict exercise capacity in patients with normal systolic left ventricular function and without myocardial ischemiaMordehay Vaturi
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:1014-7. 2005..The left atrial emptying fraction, along with body mass index, was found to be an independent predictor of poor exercise capacity (<5 METs)...
- Floppy mitral valve/mitral valve prolapse and geneticsChaim Yosefy
Cardiology Department, Barzilai Medical Centre Campus, Ben Gurion University, Ashkelon, Israel
J Heart Valve Dis 16:590-5. 2007..associated with floppy mitral valve. Herein, the known genetic aspects of MVP are described, according to the above-mentioned scheme...
- The value of changes in QRS width and in ST-T segment during exercise test in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy for identification of associated coronary artery diseaseAngel Cantor
Exercise Testing Unit, Cardiology Department, Soroka Medical Center, Israel
Int J Cardiol 112:99-104. 2006..This study aims to define the accuracy of QRS width changes versus standard ST-T criteria for recognition of associated ischemic CAD in patients with HCM undergoing exercise testing (ET)...
- An acute hypertensive episode triggered by an ambulatory blood-pressure-monitoring deviceChaim Yosefy
N Engl J Med 350:2315-6. 2004
- Blood pressure variability in acute ischemic stroke depends on hemispheric stroke locationDror Dicker
Internal Medicine D, Rabin Medical Center, Campus Hasharon, Israel
Blood Press 15:151-6. 2006..Systolic BP tended to be higher and less stable in left hemisphere patients than in right hemisphere, whereas among non-localized ischemic stroke patients BP was higher in those who had a prior diagnosis of hypertension...
- Chordal cutting does not adversely affect left ventricle contractile functionEmmanuel Messas
Université René Descartes Paris, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U633, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Department of Cardiology, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Circulation 114:I524-8. 2006..We evaluated changes in cardiac function in 5 normal sheep with cutting of pre-instrumented chords in the beating heart to maintain constant load...