Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- New technologies for the identification of markers for early detection of ovarian cancerChristina A Bandera
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 15:51-5. 2003..The ovarian cancer screening regimens in current use fail to identify disease at an early curable stage...
- Activated networking of platelet activating factor receptor and FAK/STAT1 induces malignant potential in BRCA1-mutant at-risk ovarian epitheliumLifang Zhang
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:74. 2010..The major objective of this study was to explore and determine whether platelet activating factor (PAF) and receptor associated networking pathways might significantly induce malignant potential in BRCA1-mutant at-risk epithelial cells...
- Recent technical strategies to identify diagnostic biomarkers for ovarian cancerBin Ye
Harvard Medical School, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Harvard Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Expert Rev Proteomics 4:121-31. 2007..This review summarizes the different approaches used in the last decade and suggests which strategies should be adopted in the near future in order to lead to the successful identification of new ovarian cancer diagnostic biomarkers...
- Proteomic-based discovery and characterization of glycosylated eosinophil-derived neurotoxin and COOH-terminal osteopontin fragments for ovarian cancer in urineBin Ye
Laboratory of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Center, 221 Longwood Avenue, LMRC 601B, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:432-41. 2006..The objective was to identify and characterize low molecular weight proteins/peptides in urine and their posttranslational modifications that might be used as a screening tool for ovarian cancer...
- Ginkgo biloba and ovarian cancer prevention: epidemiological and biological evidenceBin Ye
Laboratory of Gynecologic Oncology and Epidemiology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Center, USA
Cancer Lett 251:43-52. 2007..This combined epidemiological and biological data provide supportive evidence for further studies of the chemopreventive or therapeutic effects of Ginkgo and ginkgolides on ovarian cancer...
- Haptoglobin-alpha subunit as potential serum biomarker in ovarian cancer: identification and characterization using proteomic profiling and mass spectrometryBin Ye
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Dana Farber Harvard Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:2904-11. 2003..An antibody was generated from the synthesized peptide for quantitative validation in the cases and controls. CA125 was determined and compared with the same set of specimens...
- Use of a combination of approaches to identify and validate relevant tumor-associated antigens and their corresponding autoantibodies in ovarian cancer patientsAudrey Gagnon
Laboratory of Gynecologic Oncology, Division of Gynecology Oncology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:764-71. 2008..Indeed, many autoantibodies have recently been shown to correlate with cancer patient prognosis or to be suitable for detection of the disease...
- Activation of platelet-activating factor receptor and pleiotropic effects on tyrosine phospho-EGFR/Src/FAK/paxillin in ovarian cancerMargarita Aponte
Laboratory of Gynecologic Oncology and Epidemiology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 68:5839-48. 2008..We suggest that PAFR is an essential upstream target of Src and other signal pathways to control the PAF-mediated cancer progression...
- Discovery and application of protein biomarkers for ovarian cancerAudrey Gagnon
Laboratory of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 20:9-13. 2008..To review the protein biomarker research field in ovarian cancer, including the discovered new biomarkers, biomarker panels, their potential clinical applications, and suggested strategies for biomarker discovery and development...
- Blood and urine markers for ovarian cancer: a comprehensive reviewKathryn L Terry
Ob-Gyn Center Epidemiology Center, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Dis Markers 20:53-70. 2004
- A proteomic analysis of IVF follicular fluid in women <or=32 years oldStephanie J Estes
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 5804, USA
Fertil Steril 92:1569-78. 2009..To address the lack of predictors of IVF success by using proteomic biometrics...
- Surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry for protein and Peptide profiling of body fluidsAudrey Gagnon
Laboratory of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 441:41-56. 2008..In this chapter, we provide a general guide to the profiling of proteins or peptides as well as biomarker discovery using the most common body fluids such as serum/plasma, nipple aspiration fluid, and urine...
- Integration of cell phone imaging with microchip ELISA to detect ovarian cancer HE4 biomarker in urine at the point-of-careShuqi Wang
Demirci Bio Acoustic MEMS in Medicine BAMM Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Harvard MIT Health Sciences and Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Lab Chip 11:3411-8. 2011....
- Prostate carcinoma tissue proteomics for biomarker discoveryYaxin Zheng
Molecular Urology Laboratory, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 98:2576-82. 2003..In addition, this protein was not expressed in any of the 12 benign prostatic hyperplasia specimens that were assayed. CONCLUSIONS: PCa-24 may be useful a marker for prostate carcinoma...
- Induction of apoptosis by phenylisocyanate derivative of quercetin: involvement of heat shock proteinBin Ye
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy and Cancer Center, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, PRC
Anticancer Drugs 18:1165-71. 2007..PHICNQ may trigger apoptosis in tumor cells through inhibition of heat shock protein 70 synthesis and expression...
- Expression profiling identifies three pathways altered in cellular immortalization: interferon, cell cycle, and cytoskeletonAviva Levine Fridman
Program in Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, and Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 110 East Warren Ave, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 61:879-89. 2006..The identification of the genes and pathways regulating immortalization will lead to a better understanding of cellular immortalization and molecular targets in cancer and aging...
- Diagnostic markers of ovarian cancer by high-throughput antigen cloning and detection on arraysMadhumita Chatterjee
Program in Molecular Biology and Human Genetics, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, 110 East Warren, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cancer Res 66:1181-90. 2006..Further work with larger panels of antigens should provide a comprehensive set of markers with sufficient sensitivity and specificity suitable for clinical testing in high-risk populations...
- Protein profiling of complete mole and normal placenta using ProteinChip analysis on laser capture microdissected cellsJozsef Batorfi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Health Center, Budapest, Hungary
Gynecol Oncol 88:424-8. 2003..Further knowledge of protein expression in complete mole may advance our understanding of molecular mechanisms and improve management in gestational trophoblastic diseases...
- Enhanced efficiency and specificity of ovarian cancer gene therapy in rats with a novel nonviral gene delivery system (GE7) via intraovarian artery perfusion approachWei Jiang
Department of Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200011, PR China
Cancer Gene Ther 12:810-7. 2005..25+/-8.34 g) (P<.01). These findings indicated that the administration of GE7/HSV1-tk complex via the ovarian artery route could be a promising avenue of future human ovarian cancer treatment...
- Protein carbonhydrate Analysis: gel-based staining, liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and microarray screeningInjae Shin
Department of Chemistry, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, Korea
Methods Mol Biol 441:19-39. 2008..The advanced technology of the carbohydrate-based microarray system incorporates high-throughput analysis to extend the scope of biomedical research on carbohydrate-mediated molecular interactions...
- Liposomal quercetin efficiently suppresses growth of solid tumors in murine modelsZhi-ping Yuan
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, People's Republic of China
Clin Cancer Res 12:3193-9. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Our data indicated that pegylated liposomal quercetin can significantly improve the solubility and bioavailability of quercetin and can be a potential application in the treatment of tumor...
- Autoantibody approach for serum-based detection of head and neck cancerHo Sheng Lin
Department of Surgery, John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:2396-405. 2007....
- [Study on HPEC fingerprint of cultured Cordyceps militaris]Bin Ye
College of Pharmacy, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:28-30. 2007..To investigate the High Performance Capillary Electrophoresis (HPCE) fingerprint of cultured Cordyceps militaris (L.) Link...
- Urine Protein Biomarker Exploration in Ovarian CancerBin Ye; Fiscal Year: 2006..This project, if successful, could fundamentally shift the approach to the early detection of ovarian cancer and significantly improve the survival rate of cases detected. ..