Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- The study of abnormal bone development in the Apert syndrome Fgfr2+/S252W mouse using a 3D hydrogel culture modelFan Yang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 45 Carleton Street, E25 342, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Bone 43:55-63. 2008..Complementary to in vivo findings, this 3D hydrogel culture system provides an effective in vitro venue to study the pathogenesis of Apert syndrome caused by the analogous mutation in humans...
- High throughput optimization of stem cell microenvironmentsFan Yang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 12:554-61. 2009..In contrast to conventional approaches, screening combinatorial libraries can result in the discovery of unexpected material solutions to these complex problems...
- Combinatorial extracellular matrices for human embryonic stem cell differentiation in 3DFan Yang
David H Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 45 Carleton Street, E25 342, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Biomacromolecules 11:1909-14. 2010..The 3D matrices described herein may provide a useful platform for studying the interactive ECM signaling in influencing stem cell differentiation...
- Genetic engineering of human stem cells for enhanced angiogenesis using biodegradable polymeric nanoparticlesFan Yang
Department of Chemical Engineering and Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:3317-22. 2010..These results indicate that stem cells engineered with biodegradable polymer nanoparticles may be therapeutic tools for vascularizing tissue constructs and treating ischemic disease...
- Delivery of small interfering RNA for inhibition of endothelial cell apoptosis by hypoxia and serum deprivationSeung Woo Cho
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:158-63. 2008..The present study demonstrates that TNFR-1 and SHP-1 may be useful targets for the treatment of myocardial or hindlimb ischemia...
- Chondrogenesis and mineralization during in vitro culture of human mesenchymal stem cells on three-dimensional woven scaffoldsChristoffer K Abrahamsson
Harvard MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 16:3709-18. 2010..These findings merit consideration when developing grafts for osteochondral defect repair...
- Abnormalities in cartilage and bone development in the Apert syndrome FGFR2(+/S252W) mouseYingli Wang
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 733 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Development 132:3537-48. 2005..Our results suggest that altered cartilage and bone development play a significant role in the pathogenesis of the Apert syndrome phenotype...
- Bioresponsive phosphoester hydrogels for bone tissue engineeringDong An Wang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Tissue Eng 11:201-13. 2005..In summary, phosphate-PEG-derived hydrogels increase gene expression of bone-specific markers, secretion of bone-related matrix, and mineralization and may have a potential impact on bone-engineering therapies...
- The effect of incorporating RGD adhesive peptide in polyethylene glycol diacrylate hydrogel on osteogenesis of bone marrow stromal cellsFan Yang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 3400 North Charles Street Clark Hall 106, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Biomaterials 26:5991-8. 2005..In conclusion, we have demonstrated that RGD-conjugated PEODA hydrogel promotes the osteogenesis of MSCs in a dosage-dependent manner, with 2.5 mm being optimal concentration...
- Inhibition of a novel sperm gelatinase in prawn sperm by the male reproduction-related Kazal-type peptidase inhibitorYe Li
Institute of Cell Biology and Genetics, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Zijingang Campus, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, PR China
Mol Reprod Dev 75:1327-37. 2008..The data presented in this study provided evidence that MRPINK has an inhibitory effect on the gelatinolytic activity as well as proteolytic activity of prawn sperm and specifically blocks the activity of MSG...
- The DNA methyltransferase-2 gene in the prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii: characteristics and expression patterns during ovarian and embryonic developmentChen Zhuo Feng
Institute of Cell Biology and Genetics, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Zijingang Campus, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, PR China
Zoolog Sci 24:1059-65. 2007..Moreover, Mar-Dnmt2 mRNA obviously decreased during embryonic development. On the other hand, DNA methylation was detected in this study; about 0.05% of cytosine residues were found to be methylated in the DNA of M. rosenbergii...
- Farnesoid X receptor protects liver cells from apoptosis induced by serum deprivation in vitro and fasting in vivoYan Dong Wang
Department of Gene Regulation and Drug Discovery, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Mol Endocrinol 22:1622-32. 2008..In conclusion, our results suggest a novel role of FXR in modulating liver cell apoptosis...
- Identification of the orotidine-5'-monophosphate decarboxylase gene of the oleaginous yeast Rhodosporidium toruloidesFan Yang
Division of Biotechnology, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS, Dalian 116023, People s Republic of China
Yeast 25:623-30. 2008..cerevisiae...
- Efficient inhibition of ovarian cancer growth and prolonged survival by transfection with a novel pro-apoptotic gene, hPNAS-4, in a mouse model. In vivo and in vitro resultsFan Yang
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Oncology 75:137-44. 2008..We transfected ovarian cancer cells and administered recombinant plasmid encoding hPNAS-4 to nude mice bearing ovarian cancer, aiming to evaluate the effect of hPNAS-4 against ovarian cancer in vitro and in vivo...
- [Study of growth inhibition of lung cancer cells by siRNA targeting mutant K-ras gene in vitro and in vivo]Zhi Ping Zhang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 45:1267-70. 2007..To study the inhibitory effect of mutant K-ras gene depletion by small interfering RNA on the growth of lung cancer cell line-H441 cells in vitro and in vivo...
- Hematopoietic effect of fractions from the enzyme-digested colla corii asini on mice with 5-fluorouracil induced anemiaHongzhong Wu
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
Am J Chin Med 35:853-66. 2007..Identification of a specific peptide or protein is still required for the development of a novel medicine for anemia caused by malignancy or chemotherapy...
- Synthesis and antibacterial activity of 6-O-arylpropargyl-9-oxime-11,12-carbamate ketolidesXenia Beebe
Infectious Disease Research, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:2417-21. 2004..A series of novel 6-O-arylpropargyl-9-oxime-ketolides was synthesized and evaluated against various pathogens. These new compounds show promising in vitro antibacterial potency and in vivo efficacy against macrolide resistant strains...
- [Nucleotides sequence analysis of EV71 Chinese strain SHZH98 3C segment]Ya Qing He
Department of Microbiology, Shenzhen Centen Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Shenzhen 518020, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 17:354-7. 2003..To study the EV71 Chinese strain SHZH98 and analyze its genetic evolution using 3c gene as index...
- Dark lumen magnetic resonance colonography in a rodent polyp model: initial experience and demonstration of feasibilityChristoph U Herborn
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Essen, Germany
Invest Radiol 39:723-7. 2004..We sought to assess dark lumen magnetic resonance (MR) colonography for the detection of colon polyps in a rodent model with histology as the gold standard...
- Molecular cloning of Clock cDNA from the prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergiiJin Shu Yang
College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, 232 Wensan Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310012, People s Republic of China
Brain Res 1067:13-24. 2006..No expression change was found under constant light (LL) or in heart and muscle...
- Metabolic changes in mesenchymal stem cells in osteogenic medium measured by autofluorescence spectroscopyJohann M G Reyes
Department of Ophthalmology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21117, USA
Stem Cells 24:1213-7. 2006..MSC metabolism increased upon placement in differentiating medium and with increasing cell density and contact. Redox fluorometry is a feasible, noninvasive technique for distinguishing MSCs from further differentiated cells...
- An unconventional antigen translated by a novel internal ribosome entry site elicits antitumor humoral immune reactionsZeyu Xiong
Department of Pharmacology, Temple University School of Medicine, 3420 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Immunol 177:4907-16. 2006..The eliciting antitumor immune response against unconventional Ag MPD6 in patients with myeloproliferative diseases suggests MPD6 as a potential target of novel immunotherapy...
- Knockdown of mutant K-ras expression by adenovirus-mediated siRNA inhibits the in vitro and in vivo growth of lung cancer cellsZhiping Zhang
Department of Thoracic Surgery, People s Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, PR, China
Cancer Biol Ther 5:1481-6. 2006..These results indicate that adenovirus-mediated siRNA can specifically and efficiently target factors whose expression is altered in malignancy and may have the potential as a therapeutic modality to treat human lung cancer...
- [Study on the rapid detection of Dengue viruses by Taqman MGB real-time fluorescent PCR]Jian Jun Liu
Shenzhen Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Shenzhen 518020, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 35:736-8. 2006..To develop the Taqman MGB real-time fluorescent PCR assay for rapid detection of Dengue viruses...
- Prawn lipocalin: characteristics and expressional pattern in subepidermal adipose tissue during reproductive molting cycleMo Ran Wang
Institute of Cell Biology and Genetics, Zijingang Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310058 PR China
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 147:222-9. 2007....
- Studies on the cell-immunosuppressive mechanism of Oridonin from Isodon serraJianwen Liu
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering and School of Pharmacy, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, PR China
Int Immunopharmacol 7:945-54. 2007....
- Imatinib (ST1571) provides only limited selectivity for CML cells and treatment might be complicated by silent BCR-ABL genesGuanchao Jiang
Tulane Cancer Center and Humon Genetics Program, Tulane Medical School, New Orleans, Lousiana 70112, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 2:103-8. 2003..Our results indicate that IM is only partially specific for CML progenitor cells compared to normal hematopoietic progenitor cells and suggest that some CML cells may have a silent BCR-ABL oncogene that could interfere with therapy...