Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient utilities for advanced cancer: effect of current health on valuesEve Wittenberg
MGH Institute for Technology Assessment, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Med Care 43:173-81. 2005..Prospect theory predicts that current health affects values, and that losses loom larger than gains. If true, the use of utilities requires that additional complexities be considered...
- The effect of age, race and gender on preference scores for hypothetical health statesEve Wittenberg
Institute for Technology Assessment, Massachusetts General Hospital, 101 Merrimac Street, 10th Floor, Boston, 02114, USA
Qual Life Res 15:645-53. 2006..This research explored the systematic contribution of respondents' age, race and gender to variability in community perspective preferences for hypothetical health states...
- Community preferences for health states associated with intimate partner violenceEve Wittenberg
Massachusetts General Hospital Institute for Technology Assessment and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Med Care 44:738-44. 2006..One in 4 women is affected by intimate partner violence in her lifetime. This article reports on a cross-sectional survey to estimate community preferences for health states resulting from intimate partner violence...
- Partial-breast irradiation versus whole-breast irradiation for early-stage breast cancer: a cost-effectiveness analysisDavid J Sher
Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:440-6. 2009..We aim to determine the incremental cost-effectiveness of PBI compared with whole-breast radiation therapy (WBRT) for estrogen receptor-positive postmenopausal women treated for early-stage breast cancer...
- Breast cancer prevention: patient decision making and risk communication in the high risk settingElissa M Ozanne
Institute for Technology Assessment, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Breast J 16:38-47. 2010....
- Methods for measuring temporary health States for cost-utility analysesDavene R Wright
Preferences Working Group, Center for Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 27:713-23. 2009..Further research should focus on evaluating validity, reliability and feasibility of temporary health-state valuation methods...
- Intimate partner violence exposure and change in women's physical symptoms over timeMegan R Gerber
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:64-9. 2008..To examine the change in women's self-reported physical symptoms over 2 time points in relation to intimate partner violence (IPV) exposure...
- Patient preferences for the management of high-grade dysplasia in Barrett's esophagusChin Hur
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Dig Dis Sci 50:116-25. 2005..In summary, when patients with Barrett's esophagus were presented with three options to manage HGD, the majority chose endoscopic surveillance. Familiarity with endoscopic surveillance was the predominant reason for the choice...
- Rationing decisions and individual responsibility for illness: are all lives equal?Eve Wittenberg
MGH Institute for Technology Assessment, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Med Decis Making 23:194-211. 2003..This survey measured individuals' rationing allocation choices for situations in which patients are deemed to hold personal responsibility for their diseases and the influence of different arguments on such choices...
- Disparities in cancer screening: acceptance of Pap smears among homeless womenMonica Bharel
Boston Health Care for the Homeless, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:2011-6. 2009..Rates of cervical cancer are higher in impoverished women, including homeless women. This study assessed the acceptance of free and accessible Pap smears offered to homeless women in a respite care setting...
- Willingness-to-pay stated preferences for 8 health-related quality-of-life domains in psoriasis: a pilot studyMatthew Delfino
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:439-47. 2008....
- Partial breast irradiation versus whole breast radiotherapy for early-stage breast cancer: a decision analysisDavid J Sher
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:469-76. 2008..To compare the quality-adjusted life expectancy between women treated with partial breast irradiation (PBI) vs. whole breast radiotherapy (WBRT) for estrogen receptor-positive early-stage breast cancer...
- Do risk attitudes differ across domains and respondent types?Lisa A Prosser
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Med Decis Making 27:281-7. 2007..To evaluate differences in risk attitude across the domains of health and money for 2 types of respondents, patients and community members...
- Disutility of illness for caregivers and families: a systematic review of the literatureEve Wittenberg
Center for Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, 718 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 31:489-500. 2013..The benefits of a health intervention may be underestimated if "spillover" effects on family members are not captured, resulting in inaccurate conclusions of economic evaluations...
- Evidence of spillover of illness among household members: EQ-5D scores from a US sampleEve Wittenberg
Center for Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Med Decis Making 33:235-43. 2013..The effects of illness extend beyond the individual to caregivers and family members. This study identified evidence of spillover of illness onto household members' health-related quality of life...
- Quality of life in patients with various Barrett's esophagus associated health statesChin Hur
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:45. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the health related quality of life associated with Barrett's esophagus and many of the pivotal health states associated with Barrett's HGD management...
- Willingness-to-pay stated preferences for telemedicine versus in-person visits in patients with a history of psoriasis or melanomaAbrar A Qureshi
Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Telemed J E Health 12:639-43. 2006..This preliminary work suggests that dermatology patients prefer telemedicine if this modality provides quicker access to their physician...
- Cost-effectiveness of whole-body CT screeningMolly T Beinfeld
Massachusetts General Hospital Institute for Technology Assessment, 101 Merrimac St, 10th Floor, Boston, MA 02114 4724, USA
Radiology 234:415-22. 2005..To make preliminary estimates of the effectiveness (in life-years) and cost-effectiveness (in costs per life-year) of whole-body computed tomographic (CT) screening...
- Assessing intimate partner violence in health care settings leads to women's receipt of interventions and improved healthLaura A McCloskey
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Public Health Rep 121:435-44. 2006..This study investigated whether disclosure of violence to health care providers and the receipt of interventions relate to women's exit from an abusive relationship and to their improved health...
- Measuring the effect of intimate partner violence on health-related quality of life: a qualitative focus group studyEve Wittenberg
Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:67. 2007..This study investigated the usefulness of such instruments in the context of intimate partner violence (IPV), a public health concern that that can seriously affect quality of life...
- Evaluating Utility Measures: Biases and AlternativesEve Wittenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..She has strong institutional support and faculty mentorship to guarantee her success in the proposed research. ..