Harland S Winter
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Esomeprazole for the treatment of GERD in infants ages 1-11 monthsHarland Winter
MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 55:14-20. 2012..The present study evaluates the efficacy and safety of esomeprazole in infants ages 1 to 11 months with GERD...
- Randomized controlled trial of feeding a concentrated formula to infants born to women infected by human immunodeficiency virusHarland S Winter
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 49:222-32. 2009..We tested the hypothesis that concentrated formula (CF) begun within the first 2 weeks of life increases growth in infants born to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected mothers...
- Review of the persistence of gastroesophageal reflux disease in children, adolescents and adults: does gastroesophageal reflux disease in adults sometimes begin in childhood?Harland S Winter
Department of Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Scand J Gastroenterol 46:1157-68. 2011..This review aimed to assess evidence of whether GERD in children or adolescents persists into adulthood...
- Measuring quality of life in pediatric patients with inflammatory bowel disease: psychometric and clinical characteristicsJames M Perrin
Department of Pediatrics, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:164-71. 2008..To extend development of a pediatric inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) health-related quality of life (HRQoL) measure by determining its factor structure and associations of factors with generic HRQoL measures and clinical variables...
- Pancreatic and intestinal enzyme activities in rats in response to balanced and unbalanced plant dietsRafail I Kushak
Combined Program of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Harvard Medical School and Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Plant Foods Hum Nutr 57:245-55. 2002..005) than in the controls. It is hypothesized that decrease in alpha-amylase activity was mostly related to the tryptophan deficiency in the CD because this enzyme contains the highest amount of tryptophan units among all tested enzymes...
- Acid-related disorders from pediatrics to geriatrics: reducing risks and optimizing outcomesHarland S Winter
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric IBD Center, Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Med 117:1S. 2004
- Inflammatory bowel disease in African American children compared with other racial/ethnic groups in a multicenter registryJolanda M White
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:1361-9. 2008..Our study compared IBD characteristics between African Americans and non-African Americans enrolled in a multicenter pediatric IBD registry with endoscopic- and pathology-based diagnosis...
- Folate concentrations in pediatric patients with newly diagnosed inflammatory bowel diseaseMelvin B Heyman
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0136, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 89:545-50. 2009..Folate deficiency has been shown to be associated with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). However, folate concentrations are poorly delineated in children with IBD...