Jonathan S Wald
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Design and implementation of a web-based patient portal linked to an ambulatory care electronic health record: patient gateway for diabetes collaborative careRichard W Grant
Division of General Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 8:576-86. 2006....
- Sharing electronic laboratory results in a patient portal--a feasibility pilotJonathan S Wald
Partners Information Systems, Partners HealthCare, Boston, MA, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 129:18-22. 2007..One-half of patients who viewed results accessed reference information linked to a result. Organizational and practice-level issues necessary to support continued rollout are described...
- Effects of an online personal health record on medication accuracy and safety: a cluster-randomized trialJeffrey L Schnipper
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02120 1613, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:728-34. 2012..To determine the effects of a personal health record (PHR)-linked medications module on medication accuracy and safety...
- Implementing practice-linked pre-visit electronic journals in primary care: patient and physician use and satisfactionJonathan S Wald
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 17:502-6. 2010..013), helpful to patients in visit preparation (66% vs 20%; p=0.082), and would recommend them to colleagues (78% vs 22%; p=0.0143). eJournal integration into practice warrants further study...
- Practice-linked online personal health records for type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomized controlled trialRichard W Grant
Division of General Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 9 Staniford St, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1776-82. 2008..Web-based personal health records (PHRs) have been advocated as a means to improve type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM) care. However, few Web-based systems are linked directly to the electronic medical record (EMR) used by physicians...
- Design and implementation of a web-based patient portal linked to an electronic health record designed to improve medication safety: the Patient Gateway medications moduleJeffrey L Schnipper
Academic Hospitalist Service and Associate Physician, Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1620 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Inform Prim Care 16:147-55. 2008..Further analyses will determine the effects of this module on important medication-related outcomes and identify further enhancements needed to improve on this approach...
- Survey analysis of patient experience using a practice-linked PHR for type 2 diabetes mellitusJonathan S Wald
Clinical Informatics Research and Development, Partners HealthCare Boston, MA, USA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2009:678-82. 2009..Nevertheless, the electronic journal is a promising tool for visit preparation and process improvement...
- Patient perceptions of a personal health record: a test of the diffusion of innovation modelSrinivas Emani
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Med Internet Res 14:e150. 2012..However, there is a lack of theoretical and empirical research on how patients perceive the PHR and the differences in perceptions between users and non-users of the PHR...
- Primary care physician attitudes towards using a secure web-based portal designed to facilitate electronic communication with patientsAnne F Kittler
Department of Clinical and Quality Analysis, Information Systems, Partners HealthCare System, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Inform Prim Care 12:129-38. 2004..However, physicians have typically been hesitant to communicate electronically with patients, largely due to concerns relating to workload, security and lack of compensation...
- The digital divide in adoption and use of a personal health recordCyrus K Yamin
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:568-74. 2011..However, the "digital divide," the population-level gap in Internet and computer access, may prevent certain groups from accessing the PHR...
- A patient-controlled journal for an electronic medical record: issues and challengesJonathan S Wald
Clinical Informatics Research and Development, Information Systems, Partners HealthCare System, Wellesley, MA, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:1166-70. 2004....