Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mechanical stretch and PI3K signaling link cell migration and proliferation to coordinate epithelial tubule morphogenesis in the zebrafish pronephrosAleksandr Vasilyev
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e39992. 2012....
- Fluid flow and guidance of collective cell migrationAleksandr Vasilyev
Pathology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA, USA
Cell Adh Migr 4:353-7. 2010..Intratubular migration leads to significant changes in kidney morphology. This novel process provides a powerful in vivo model for further exploration of the mechanisms underlying mechanotransduction and collective migration...
- odd skipped related1 reveals a novel role for endoderm in regulating kidney versus vascular cell fateSudha P Mudumana
Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 135:3355-67. 2008....
- The ADPKD genes pkd1a/b and pkd2 regulate extracellular matrix formationSteve Mangos
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Nephrology Division, and Harvard Medical School Department of Genetics, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Dis Model Mech 3:354-65. 2010..Our results suggest that pkd1a/b and pkd2 interact to regulate ECM secretion or assembly, and that altered matrix integrity may be a primary defect underlying ADPKD tissue pathologies...
- Cytoplasmic carboxypeptidase 5 regulates tubulin glutamylation and zebrafish cilia formation and functionNarendra Pathak
Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129
Mol Biol Cell 25:1836-44. 2014....
- Collective cell migration drives morphogenesis of the kidney nephronAleksandr Vasilyev
Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Biol 7:e9. 2009..Our results establish intimate links between nephron function, fluid flow, and morphogenesis...
- Live imaging kidney development in zebrafishAleksandr Vasilyev
Nephrology Division and Department of Pathology, Charlestown, MA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 886:55-70. 2012..Here, we describe a simple procedure that can be used by laboratories to investigate the development of zebrafish kidney and other organs by time-lapse microscopy...
- Collective epithelial migration drives kidney repair after acute injuryAurélien Palmyre
Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e101304. 2014..Overall, this study advances our understanding of kidney repair mechanisms by highlighting a primary role for collective cell migration, laying a foundation for new approaches to treatment of AKI. ..
- A zebrafish model of chordoma initiated by notochord-driven expression of HRASV12Alexa Burger
Cancer Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase, MD 20815, USA
Dis Model Mech 7:907-13. 2014..Consequently, the HRASV12-driven zebrafish model of chordoma could enable high-throughput screening of potential therapeutic agents for the treatment of this refractory cancer. ..
- Altered leukotriene B4 metabolism in CYP4F18-deficient mice does not impact inflammation following renal ischemiaValeria Winslow
Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1841:868-79. 2014....