Aaron D Tward
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Bone morphogenetic protein antagonist gremlin 1 is widely expressed by cancer-associated stromal cells and can promote tumor cell proliferationJulie B Sneddon
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14842-7. 2006..Our data suggest that BMP antagonists may be important constituents of tumor stroma, providing a favorable microenvironment for cancer cell survival and expansion in many cancers...
- Distinct pathways of genomic progression to benign and malignant tumors of the liverAaron D Tward
G W Hooper Foundation and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14771-6. 2007....
- Integration of genomic analysis and in vivo transfection to identify sprouty 2 as a candidate tumor suppressor in liver cancerSusie A Lee
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Hepatology 47:1200-10. 2008..In addition, we demonstrate that the integration of genomic analysis and in vivo transfection is a powerful tool to identify genes that are important during hepatic carcinogenesis...
- Inhibition of CDK1 as a potential therapy for tumors over-expressing MYCAndrei Goga
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0552, USA
Nat Med 13:820-7. 2007..As there are no effective small-molecule inhibitors that selectively target the MYC pathway, we propose that CDK1 inhibition might therefore be useful in the treatment of human malignancies that overexpress MYC...
- Systemic rather than local heme oxygenase-1 overexpression improves cardiac allograft outcomes in a new transgenic mouseJesus A Araujo
Division of Cardiology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Immunol 171:1572-80. 2003..This Tg mouse provides a valuable tool to study mechanisms by which HO-1 exerts beneficial effects in organ transplantation...
- Toxicity of chlorpyrifos and chlorpyrifos oxon in a transgenic mouse model of the human paraoxonase (PON1) Q192R polymorphismToby B Cole
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7720, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 15:589-98. 2005..The current study examined the relevance of these observations for in-vivo exposures to chlorpyrifos and chlorpyrifos oxon...