Hakan R Toka
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Congenital anomalies of kidney and urinary tractHakan R Toka
Renal Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Nephrol 30:374-86. 2010..The genetic causes for the more common nonsyndromic forms of CAKUT are unknown. The role of prenatal interventions and postnatal therapies as well as the benefits of screening affected individuals and their family members are not clear...
- The molecular basis of blood pressure variationHakan R Toka
Department of Nephrology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 28:387-99. 2013..The investigation of rare syndromes of human blood pressure variation has important implications for improving the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension...
- Frequency of rare allelic variation in candidate genes among individuals with low and high urinary calcium excretionHakan R Toka
Division of Nephrology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Division of Nephrology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e71885. 2013..In the tested set of candidate genes, rare allelic variants do not appear to contribute significantly to differences in urinary calcium excretion between individuals...
- Pregnancy-associated polyuria in familial renal glycosuriaHakan R Toka
Division of Nephrology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA Division of Nephrology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA
Am J Kidney Dis 62:1160-4. 2013..Pregnant women with familial renal glycosuria can be at risk of profound polyuria during pregnancy due to the associated increase in glycosuria. These findings also have implications for the use of SGLT2 inhibitors in clinical practice...
- Transcriptional patterns in peritoneal tissue of encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis, a complication of chronic peritoneal dialysisFabian R Reimold
Renal Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e56389. 2013..The results are compatible with the hypothesis that encapsulating peritoneal sclerosis is a distinct pathological process from the simple peritoneal fibrosis that accompanies all PD treatment...
- Deficiency of the calcium-sensing receptor in the kidney causes parathyroid hormone-independent hypocalciuriaHakan R Toka
Division of Nephrology, Beth Israel Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:1879-90. 2012..Taken together, these data suggest that renal Casr regulates calcium reabsorption in the thick ascending limb, independent of any change in PTH, by increasing the lumen-positive driving force for paracellular Ca(2+) transport...