J Shannon Swan
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Measuring the quality-of-life effects of diagnostic and screening testsJ Shannon Swan
Massachusetts General Hospital, Institute for Technology Assessment, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 6:567-75. 2009..The authors review HRQL assessment and highlight methods developed to specifically address the short-term effects of radiologic screening and testing...
- Initial development of the Temporary Utilities Index: a multiattribute system for classifying the functional health impact of diagnostic testingJ Shannon Swan
Department of Radiology, Indiana University, 550 N University Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Qual Life Res 19:401-12. 2010..We derived a health classification and survey items for the morbidities of testing and screening, to be the foundation of a multiattribute utility instrument, the Temporary Utilities Index...
- Process utility in breast biopsyJ Shannon Swan
Indiana University, Department of Radiology Education and Research Institute, Indianapolis, USA
Med Decis Making 26:347-59. 2006..To determine whether the waiting trade-off (WTO) is feasible for differentiating short-term biopsy preferences in an acute situation where anxiety is the symptomatic disease state...
- Cohort study of structured reporting compared with conventional dictationAnnette J Johnson
Department of Radiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Radiology 253:74-80. 2009....
- Methods for measuring temporary health States for cost-utility analysesDavene R Wright
Preferences Working Group, Center for Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 27:713-23. 2009..Further research should focus on evaluating validity, reliability and feasibility of temporary health-state valuation methods...
- Improving the quality of radiology reporting: a physician survey to define the targetAnnette J Johnson
Department of Radiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianopolis, Indiana 46278-9552, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 1:497-505. 2004..There is room for improvement in physician satisfaction with radiology reporting...
- Quality-of-life assessment of fibroid treatment options and outcomesFiona M Fennessy
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Radiology 259:785-92. 2011....
- Expect the unexpected: thoughts, insights and musing about research in radiologyMax P Rosen
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Acad Radiol 11:206-12. 2004
- A software application for multiattribute utility modelsJ Shannon Swan
Education and Research Institute, Department of Radiology, Indiana University, 714 N. Senate Ave, Suite 100, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Acad Radiol 11:190-205. 2004..RESULTS: Initial tests of the program algorithms have been successful. CONCLUSION: We anticipate The MOE approach to MAU modeling will be a useful tool for health services researchers...
- Quality of life implications of bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jawREBECCA ANNE MIKSAD
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Shapiro 9, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Oncologist 16:121-32. 2011..Potentially debilitating, osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ) is an emerging complication of bisphosphonates. However, its effect on quality of life (QoL) is unknown. We determined the ONJ-related QoL decline in a cancer patient cohort...
- Process utility for imaging in cerebrovascular diseaseJ Shannon Swan
Section of Health Services Research, Indiana University Department of Radiology, Education and Research Institute, 714 N Senate Ave, Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Acad Radiol 10:266-74. 2003..Such an approach may enable more complete evaluation of the effects of other processes on medical care...
- Health Domain Importance in the Aging Stroke PatientJ Swan; Fiscal Year: 2002..g., demographics, cumulative illness ratings, depression screening, and stroke severity. Importance rankings will be compared to these variables for meaningful trends. ..