J Shannon Swan
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient and societal value functions for the testing morbidities indexJ Shannon Swan
Massachusetts General Hospital Institute for Technology Assessment, Boston, MA JSS, CYK, JML, OA, EFH, PL, OW, ESZ, KD
Med Decis Making 33:819-38. 2013..We developed preference-based and summated scale scoring for the Testing Morbidities Index (TMI) classification, which addresses short-term effects on quality of life from diagnostic testing before, during, and after testing procedures...
- Initial development of the Temporary Utilities Index: a multiattribute system for classifying the functional health impact of diagnostic testingJ Shannon Swan
Department of Radiology, Indiana University, 550 N University Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Qual Life Res 19:401-12. 2010..We derived a health classification and survey items for the morbidities of testing and screening, to be the foundation of a multiattribute utility instrument, the Temporary Utilities Index...
- Process utility in breast biopsyJ Shannon Swan
Indiana University, Department of Radiology Education and Research Institute, Indianapolis, USA
Med Decis Making 26:347-59. 2006..To determine whether the waiting trade-off (WTO) is feasible for differentiating short-term biopsy preferences in an acute situation where anxiety is the symptomatic disease state...
- Measuring the quality-of-life effects of diagnostic and screening testsJ Shannon Swan
Massachusetts General Hospital, Institute for Technology Assessment, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 6:567-75. 2009..The authors review HRQL assessment and highlight methods developed to specifically address the short-term effects of radiologic screening and testing...
- Cohort study of structured reporting compared with conventional dictationAnnette J Johnson
Department of Radiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Radiology 253:74-80. 2009....
- Patient-centered outcomes in imaging: quantifying valueRuth C Carlos
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 9:725-8. 2012..Therefore, radiologists need to be involved as stakeholders in the design, conduct, and dissemination of this research...
- Methods for measuring temporary health States for cost-utility analysesDavene R Wright
Preferences Working Group, Center for Health Decision Science, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 27:713-23. 2009..Further research should focus on evaluating validity, reliability and feasibility of temporary health-state valuation methods...
- Improving the quality of radiology reporting: a physician survey to define the targetAnnette J Johnson
Department of Radiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianopolis, Indiana 46278 9552, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 1:497-505. 2004..The rationale for this project focused on identifying the characteristics of a high-quality report from the perspective of referring physicians and radiologists...
- Quality-of-life assessment of fibroid treatment options and outcomesFiona M Fennessy
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Radiology 259:785-92. 2011....
- Expect the unexpected: thoughts, insights and musing about research in radiologyMax P Rosen
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Acad Radiol 11:206-12. 2004
- A software application for multiattribute utility modelsJ Shannon Swan
Education and Research Institute, Department of Radiology, Indiana University, 714 N Senate Ave, Suite 100, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Acad Radiol 11:190-205. 2004....
- Quality of life implications of bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jawREBECCA ANNE MIKSAD
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, Shapiro 9, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Oncologist 16:121-32. 2011..Potentially debilitating, osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ) is an emerging complication of bisphosphonates. However, its effect on quality of life (QoL) is unknown. We determined the ONJ-related QoL decline in a cancer patient cohort...
- Process utility for imaging in cerebrovascular diseaseJ Shannon Swan
Section of Health Services Research, Indiana University Department of Radiology, Education and Research Institute, 714 N Senate Ave, Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Acad Radiol 10:266-74. 2003..An original time trade-off variant was applied to the imaging evaluation of cerebrovascular disease, for which differences in morbidity are important to patients...
- Health Domain Importance in the Aging Stroke PatientJ Swan; Fiscal Year: 2002..g., demographics, cumulative illness ratings, depression screening, and stroke severity. Importance rankings will be compared to these variables for meaningful trends. ..