Genomes and Genes
Melissa J Suter
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Comprehensive esophageal microscopy by using optical frequency-domain imaging (with video)Benjamin J Vakoc
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Department of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 65:898-905. 2007..However, the relatively slow image-acquisition rate of the present OCT systems inhibits wide-field imaging and limits the clinical utility of OCT for diagnostic imaging in patients with Barrett's esophagus...
- Comprehensive microscopy of the esophagus in human patients with optical frequency domain imagingMelissa J Suter
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 68:745-53. 2008..The clinical utility of OCT has been limited, however, by its inability to acquire images over large areas...
- Image-guided biopsy in the esophagus through comprehensive optical frequency domain imaging and laser marking: a study in living swineMelissa J Suter
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 71:346-53. 2010..When deployed through a balloon-centering catheter, OFDI can automatically image the entire distal esophagus (6.0 cm length) in approximately 2 minutes...
- Three-dimensional coronary artery microscopy by intracoronary optical frequency domain imagingGuillermo J Tearney
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:752-61. 2008..We present the first clinical experience with intracoronary optical frequency domain imaging (OFDI) in human patients...
- Performance of reduced bit-depth acquisition for optical frequency domain imagingBRIAN D GOLDBERG
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Blossom St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Opt Express 17:16957-68. 2009..Images of a human coronary artery acquired in vivo at 8-bit depth are presented and compared with images at higher bit-depth acquisition...
- Comprehensive imaging of gastroesophageal biopsy samples by spectrally encoded confocal microscopyDongKyun Kang
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 71:35-43. 2010....
- Volumetric optical frequency domain imaging of pulmonary pathology with precise correlation to histopathologyLida P Hariri
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Chest 143:64-74. 2013..Bronchoscopic OFDI has been evaluated in vivo, but a lack of correlated histopathology has limited the ability to develop accurate image interpretation criteria...
- Physiological homology between Drosophila melanogaster and vertebrate cardiovascular systemsMichael A Choma
Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dis Model Mech 4:411-20. 2011..Our results demonstrate physiological homology and support the use of D. melanogaster as an animal model of complex cardiovascular disease...
- Tethered capsule endomicroscopy enables less invasive imaging of gastrointestinal tract microstructureMichalina J Gora
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 19:238-40. 2013....
- Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography: recent advances toward clinical utilityBrett E Bouma
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Harvard MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Opin Biotechnol 20:111-8. 2009....
- Optical microscopy of the pediatric vocal foldCaroline Boudoux
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:53-64. 2009..To compare and contrast 4 optical imaging techniques for evaluating the developing microstructure of the pediatric vocal fold and to identify the optimal strategy for in vivo imaging...
- Comprehensive volumetric optical microscopy in vivoSeok H Yun
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nat Med 12:1429-33. 2006..Our pilot study results suggest that this technology may be a useful clinical tool for comprehensive diagnostic imaging for epithelial disease and for evaluating coronary pathology and iatrogenic effects...
- Intravascular optical imaging technology for investigating the coronary arteryMelissa J Suter
Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 4:1022-39. 2011..Given the wealth of information that these techniques can provide, optical imaging modalities are poised to play an increasingly significant role in the evaluation of the coronary artery in the future...
- Real-time FPGA processing for high-speed optical frequency domain imagingAdrien E Desjardins
Harvard Biophysics Program, Boston, MA 02115, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 28:1468-72. 2009..When implemented in FPGAs, the algorithm allowed for real-time processing of interferograms acquired with a high-speed OFDI system at 54 kHz and a sampling rate of 100 MS/s...
- Heart wall velocimetry and exogenous contrast-based cardiac flow imaging in Drosophila melanogaster using Doppler optical coherence tomographyMichael A Choma
Children s Hospital Boston, and Harvard Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biomed Opt 15:056020. 2010..The results presented here open up new possibilities for functional cardiovascular phenotyping of normal and mutant D. melanogaster...
- Integrated CT/bronchoscopy in the central airways: preliminary resultsMelissa J Suter
Harvard Medical School and Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Acad Radiol 15:786-98. 2008..The goal of this work is to integrate complementary medical imaging datasets to form a synergistic description of the airways...
- In vivo optical coherence tomography: the role of the pathologistLida P Hariri
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 136:1492-501. 2012..This review focuses on the clinical impact of OCT in coronary, esophageal, and pulmonary imaging and the role of the pathologist in interpreting high-resolution OCT images as a complement to standard tissue pathology...