Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Manufacture of porous polymer nerve conduits by a novel low-pressure injection molding processCathryn Sundback
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Wellman 625 55 Fruit Street, Boston 02114, USA
Biomaterials 24:819-30. 2003..Macropores were organized into bundles of channels, up to 20 microm wide, in the DL-PLGA matrix and represented remnants of acetic acid that crystallized during solidification...
- Behavior of poly(glycerol sebacate) plugs in chronic tympanic membrane perforationsC A Sundback
Center for Regenerative Medicine, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 100:1943-54. 2012..Consequently, PGS degradation was minimal over 16-week implantation, hindering regeneration of the TM fibrous connective tissue. PGS degradation must be enhanced to promote complete TM regeneration...
- Biocompatibility analysis of poly(glycerol sebacate) as a nerve guide materialCathryn A Sundback
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Wellman 625, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Biomaterials 26:5454-64. 2005..PGS is an excellent candidate material for neural reconstruction applications given its lack of in vitro Schwann cell toxicity and minimal in vivo tissue response...
- Biologically inspired approaches to drug delivery for nerve regenerationTessa Hadlock
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Harvard Medical School, Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 243 Charles St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 6:1105-11. 2006..A perspective on the role of tissue engineering approaches for nerve regeneration in the future is offered...
- Baiting the cross-face nerve graft with temporary hypoglossal hookupTessa Hadlock
Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary and Harvard Medical School, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Facial Plast Surg 6:228-33. 2004..Cross-face nerve grafting yields inconsistent neural regeneration, and methods that promote more robust axonal traversing of the graft would expand the indications for this procedure...
- Biologic activity of nerve growth factor slowly released from microspheresTessa A Hadlock
Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Reconstr Microsurg 19:179-84; discussion 185-6. 2003..NGF can be stored and released from microspheres. Extravasation studies should include biologically relevant assays for activity...
- The effect of sustained delivery of vascular endothelial growth factor on angiogenesis in tissue-engineered intestineFlavio G Rocha
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Biomaterials 29:2884-90. 2008..Tissue-engineered intestine responds to sustained delivery of VEGF by upregulating microvasculature and epithelial proliferation...