Mark J Siedner
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- GPS-measured distance to clinic, but not self-reported transportation factors, are associated with missed HIV clinic visits in rural UgandaMark J Siedner
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Global Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
AIDS 27:1503-8. 2013..Studies of the association between transportation barriers and HIV-related health outcomes have shown both positive and negative effects, possibly because a reliable, validated measure of transportation barriers has not been identified...
- Optimizing network connectivity for mobile health technologies in sub-Saharan AfricaMark J Siedner
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e45643. 2012..We hypothesized that the addition of short messaging service (SMS+GPRS) to the standard cellular network modality (GPRS) would reduce network disruptions and improve transmission of data...
- High acceptability for cell phone text messages to improve communication of laboratory results with HIV-infected patients in rural Uganda: a cross-sectional survey studyMark J Siedner
Department of Infectious Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit St, GRJ 5, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:56. 2012....
- Rethinking the "pre" in pre-therapy counseling: no benefit of additional visits prior to therapy on adherence or viremia in Ugandans initiating ARVsMark J Siedner
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e39894. 2012..We sought to assess for a benefit of adherence counseling visits prior to ARV initiation versus adherence counseling during the early treatment period...
- Sexual relationship power and malnutrition among HIV-positive women in rural UgandaMark J Siedner
Department of Infectious Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
AIDS Behav 16:1542-8. 2012..Targeted interventions to improve intimate partner relationship equality should be explored to improve health status among women living with HIV in rural Africa...