Ann K Shinn
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Auditory hallucinations in a cross-diagnostic sample of psychotic disorder patients: a descriptive, cross-sectional studyAnn K Shinn
Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Program, McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, USA
Compr Psychiatry 53:718-26. 2012..Auditory hallucinations (AH) are a cardinal feature of schizophrenia spectrum disorders. They are not disease specific, however, and can occur in other conditions, including affective psychoses...
- The special treatment of first rank auditory hallucinations and bizarre delusions in the diagnosis of schizophreniaAnn K Shinn
McLean Hospital, Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Program, Belmont, MA, USA Harvard Medical School Department of Psychiatry, Boston, MA, USA Electronic address
Schizophr Res 146:17-21. 2013....
- Functional connectivity of left Heschl's gyrus in vulnerability to auditory hallucinations in schizophreniaAnn K Shinn
McLean Hospital, Psychotic Disorders Division, Belmont, MA, United States
Schizophr Res 143:260-8. 2013....
- Topiramate in the treatment of substance-related disorders: a critical review of the literatureAnn K Shinn
McLean Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:634-48. 2010..To critically review the literature on topiramate in the treatment of substance-related disorders...
- The effects of eszopiclone on sleep spindles and memory consolidation in schizophrenia: a randomized placebo-controlled trialErin J Wamsley
Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Sleep 36:1369-76. 2013..We investigated whether eszopiclone could increase spindles and thereby improve memory consolidation in schizophrenia...
- Myelin and axon abnormalities in schizophrenia measured with magnetic resonance imaging techniquesFei Du
McLean Hospital, Belmont Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Biol Psychiatry 74:451-7. 2013..However, diffusion tensor imaging alone cannot currently pinpoint the biological basis of these abnormalities...
- Default mode network abnormalities in bipolar disorder and schizophreniaDost Ongur
McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, United States
Psychiatry Res 183:59-68. 2010..Further studies are needed to determine how these abnormalities are related to specific symptoms of each condition...
- Reduced sleep spindles and spindle coherence in schizophrenia: mechanisms of impaired memory consolidation?Erin J Wamsley
Department of Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, USA
Biol Psychiatry 71:154-61. 2012..Patients with schizophrenia show dramatic reductions of both spindles and sleep-dependent memory consolidation, which may be causally related...