Genomes and Genes
Jordan T Shin
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Hemodynamic effects of inhaled nitric oxide in right ventricular myocardial infarction and cardiogenic shockIgnacio Inglessis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:793-8. 2004..We sought to determine whether or not inhaled nitric oxide (NO) could improve hemodynamic function in patients with right ventricular myocardial infarction (RVMI) and cardiogenic shock (CS)...
- Overexpression of human amyloidogenic light chains causes heart failure in embryonic zebrafish: a preliminary reportJordan T Shin
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Amyloid 19:191-6. 2012..This model will allow exploration of amyloid pathophysiology and testing of interventions to reduce and reverse the deleterious effects of amyloidosis on myocardial function...
- High-resolution cardiovascular function confirms functional orthology of myocardial contractility pathways in zebrafishJordan T Shin
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Cardiovascular Research Center, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Physiol Genomics 42:300-9. 2010....
- Heart failure and pulmonary hypertensionJordan T Shin
Cardiovascular Research Center, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Heart Fail Clin 6:215-22. 2010..Translation of emerging basic science insights in the vascular biology of PH and BMP signaling will provide novel therapeutic strategies for the spectrum of pulmonary hypertensive diseases...
- From Zebrafish to human: modular medical modelsJordan T Shin
Cardiovascular Research Center and Division of Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet 3:311-40. 2002..Each mutation, once cloned, provides candidate genes and pathways for evaluation in the human. The collection of mutations in their entirety potentially provides a medical taxonomy, one based in developmental biology and genetics...
- Human-zebrafish non-coding conserved elements act in vivo to regulate transcriptionJordan T Shin
Cardiovascular Research Center and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:5437-45. 2005..Together, these data support the utility of comparative genomics of distantly related vertebrate species to identify REs and provide a scaleable, in vivo quantitative assay to define functional activity of candidate REs...
- Eya4 regulation of Na+/K+-ATPase is required for sensory system development in zebrafishLibin Wang
Harvard Medical School, Department of Genetics, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 135:3425-34. 2008..We conclude that eya4 regulation of Na+/K+-ATPase is crucial for the development of mechanosensory cells and the maintenance of cardiac function in zebrafish...
- A novel locus for dilated cardiomyopathy, diffuse myocardial fibrosis, and sudden death on chromosome 10q25-26Patrick T Ellinor
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:106-11. 2006..We sought to identify the genetic locus for an inherited form of dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) that is characterized by diffuse myocardial fibrosis and sudden death...
- Mutation in the transcriptional coactivator EYA4 causes dilated cardiomyopathy and sensorineural hearing lossJost Schönberger
Harvard Medical School, Department of Genetics, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 37:418-22. 2005..These data define unrecognized and crucial roles for Eya4-Six-mediated transcriptional regulation in normal heart function...
- Klf2 is an essential regulator of vascular hemodynamic forces in vivoJohn S Lee
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Dev Cell 11:845-57. 2006..These findings identify Klf2 as an essential hemodynamic regulator in vivo and suggest that hemodynamic regulation in response to fluid shear stress is required for cardiovascular development and function...
- Locus for atrial fibrillation maps to chromosome 6q14-16Patrick T Ellinor
Cardiovascular Research Center, Cardiac Arrhythmia Service, and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Mass 02129, USA
Circulation 107:2880-3. 2003..Inherited forms of AF exist, but the causative gene has been defined only in a single family. We have identified a large family (family FAF-1) in which AF segregates as a Mendelian trait...
- Mutant desmocollin-2 causes arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathyArnd Heuser
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Franz Volhard Clinic, HELIOS Clinics GmbH, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Am J Hum Genet 79:1081-8. 2006..These data identify DSC2 mutations as a cause of ARVC in humans and demonstrate that physiologic levels of DSC2 are crucial for normal cardiac desmosome formation, early cardiac morphogenesis, and cardiac function...