N D Shaw
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in preadolescent girls is associated with delayed breast development compared to girls without OSANatalie D Shaw
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 9:813-8. 2013..Adults with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) have lower sex steroid levels than controls. We sought to determine whether OSA also interferes with reproductive hormones in adolescence by tracking the pace of pubertal development...
- Insights into puberty: the relationship between sleep stages and pulsatile LH secretionN D Shaw
Reproductive Endocrine Unit, BHX 5, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E2055-62. 2012..During the pubertal transition, LH secretion initially increases only during sleep; however, its relationship to sleep stage is unknown...
- Gonadotropin responses to estrogen-positive and -negative feedback are identical in African-American and Caucasian womenN D Shaw
Reproductive Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:E106-9. 2012..Gonadotropin levels are similar in African-American women (AAW) and Caucasian women (CW), despite higher preovulatory estradiol (E2) levels in AAW, suggesting that AAW may be less sensitive to E2 feedback than CW...
- Evidence that increased ovarian aromatase activity and expression account for higher estradiol levels in African American compared with Caucasian womenN D Shaw
Reproductive Endocrine Unit N D S, S S S, C K W, K H C, J M A, P M S, J E H, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston Massachusetts 02114 and Division of Endocrinology N D S, Children s Hospital Boston, and Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery S S S, J H F, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 99:1384-92. 2014..Serum estradiol levels are significantly higher across the menstrual cycle in African American (AAW) compared with Caucasian women (CW) in the presence of similar FSH levels, yet the mechanism underlying this disparity is unknown...
- Differential effects of aging on estrogen negative and positive feedbackN D Shaw
Reproductive Endocrine Unit, BHX 5, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E351-5. 2011..Attenuation of positive feedback in older compared with younger PMW is consistent with previous reports of declining GnRH responsiveness with aging...
- Estrogen levels are higher across the menstrual cycle in African-American women compared with Caucasian womenE E Marsh
Reproductive Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:3199-206. 2011....
- Estrogen negative feedback on gonadotropin secretion: evidence for a direct pituitary effect in womenN D Shaw
Reproductive Endocrine Unit, BHX 5, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1955-61. 2010..Studies in humans and animals indicate that estrogen negative feedback occurs at the level of the hypothalamus, but it is unclear whether estrogen also exerts an inhibitory effect directly at the pituitary...