Christopher L Roy
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient safety concerns arising from test results that return after hospital dischargeChristopher L Roy
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann Intern Med 143:121-8. 2005..Few data are available on the epidemiology of test results pending at discharge or on physician awareness of these results...
- Does this patient with a pericardial effusion have cardiac tamponade?Christopher L Roy
Division of General Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
JAMA 297:1810-8. 2007..The clinical examination may assist in the decision to perform pericardiocentesis in patients with cardiac tamponade diagnosed by echocardiography...
- Implementation of a physician assistant/hospitalist service in an academic medical center: impact on efficiency and patient outcomesChristopher L Roy
Department of Medicine, Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Hospitalist Service, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Hosp Med 3:361-8. 2008....
- Hospital readmissions: physician awareness and communication practicesChristopher L Roy
Division of General Internal Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:374-80. 2009..This lost opportunity to share information about readmitted patients may be detrimental to quality of care and resident education...
- Lessons learned from implementation of a computerized application for pending tests at hospital dischargeAnuj K Dalal
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Hosp Med 6:16-21. 2011..Few computerized systems have been deployed at care transitions to address this problem. We describe an attempt to implement a computerized application to help inpatient physicians manage these test results...
- Design and implementation of an automated email notification system for results of tests pending at dischargeAnuj K Dalal
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:523-8. 2012..Automated email notification is a useful strategy for managing results of TPADs...
- Improving the quality of intern documentation through structured feedbackKathleen M Finn
Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Staniford Street, Suite 503B, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Med Educ 41:1101-2. 2007
- Role of pharmacist counseling in preventing adverse drug events after hospitalizationJeffrey L Schnipper
Brigham and Women s Faulkner Hospitalist Program, Division of General Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02120 1613, USA
Arch Intern Med 166:565-71. 2006..Our objectives were to identify drug-related problems during and after hospitalization and to determine the effect of patient counseling and follow-up by pharmacists on preventable ADEs...
- Non-housestaff medicine services in academic centers: models and challengesNiraj L Sehgal
Division of Hospital Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Hosp Med 3:247-55. 2008..To succeed in developing hospitalist faculty who follow long careers in hospital medicine, academic leadership must carefully plan for and evaluate the methods of providing these clinical services while expanding on our academic mission...