Genomes and Genes
Avital A Rodal
Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Conformational changes in the Arp2/3 complex leading to actin nucleationAvital A Rodal
Department of Biology, Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts 02454, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 12:26-31. 2005..We conclude that WASp stabilizes p35-dependent closure of the complex, holding Arp2 and Arp3 closer together to nucleate an actin filament...
- Actin and septin ultrastructures at the budding yeast cell cortexAvital A Rodal
Department of Biology, Rosenstiel Basic Medical Science Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:372-84. 2005..These images provide the first high-resolution views of septin organization in cells...
- Nervous wreck and Cdc42 cooperate to regulate endocytic actin assembly during synaptic growthAvital A Rodal
The Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Neurosci 28:8316-25. 2008..Together, our results suggest that synaptic growth activated by growth factor signaling is controlled at an endosomal compartment via coordinated Nwk and Cdc42-dependent actin assembly...
- Structural and functional dissection of the Abp1 ADFH actin-binding domain reveals versatile in vivo adapter functionsOmar Quintero-Monzon
Department of Biology and Rosenstiel Basic Medical Science Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Mol Biol Cell 16:3128-39. 2005..Together, our data provide the first structural and functional view of the Abp1-actin interaction and show that Abp1 has distinct cellular roles as an adapter, linking different sets of ligands for each function...
- A presynaptic endosomal trafficking pathway controls synaptic growth signalingAvital A Rodal
Department of Biology, The Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Cell Biol 193:201-17. 2011..Our results define a presynaptic trafficking pathway mediated by SNX16, NWK, and the ESCRT complex that functions to control synaptic growth signaling at the interface between endosomal compartments...
- Synaptic endocytosis: illuminating the role of clathrin assemblyAvital A Rodal
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Curr Biol 18:R259-61. 2008....
- Coordinated regulation of actin filament turnover by a high-molecular-weight Srv2/CAP complex, cofilin, profilin, and Aip1Heath I Balcer
Department of Biology and Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Curr Biol 13:2159-69. 2003..Xenopus Aip1 forms a cofilin-dependent cap at filament barbed ends. It has been unclear how these diverse activities are coordinated in vivo...
- An actin nucleation mechanism mediated by Bni1 and profilinIsabelle Sagot
Department of Pediatric Oncology, The Dana Farber Cancer Institute Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nat Cell Biol 4:626-31. 2002..Thus, formin and profilin mediate actin nucleation by an Arp2/3-independent mechanism. These findings suggest that distinct actin nucleation mechanisms may underlie the assembly of different actin cytoskeletal structures...
- Negative regulation of yeast WASp by two SH3 domain-containing proteinsAvital A Rodal
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
Curr Biol 13:1000-8. 2003..Some WASp family members are autoinhibited until bound by activating ligands; however, regulation of the budding yeast WASp homolog (Las17/Bee1) has not yet been explored...