D E Reich
Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Detecting association in a case-control study while correcting for population stratificationD E Reich
Whitehead Institute MIT Center for Genome Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Genet Epidemiol 20:4-16. 2001..The average of association statistics across the markers directly measures stratification. By dividing the candidate association statistic by this average, a P-value can be obtained that corrects for stratification...
- Linkage disequilibrium in the human genomeD E Reich
Whitehead Institute MIT Center for Genome Research, Nine Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 411:199-204. 2001..By contrast, LD in a Nigerian population extends markedly less far. The results illuminate human history, suggesting that LD in northern Europeans is shaped by a marked demographic event about 27,000-53,000 years ago...
- On the allelic spectrum of human diseaseD E Reich
The Whitehead Institute MIT Center for Genome Research, Nine Cambidge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Trends Genet 17:502-10. 2001..It also has bearing on the Common Disease/Common Variants (CD/CV) hypothesis, predicting that at loci where the total frequency of disease alleles is not too small, disease loci will have relatively simple spectra...
- Quality and completeness of SNP databasesDavid E Reich
Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Whitehead Institute MIT Center for Genome Research, One Kendall Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Genet 33:457-8. 2003..Approximately 45% of all human heterozygosity is attributable to SNPs already available from the two databases, and of SNPs with minor-allele frequencies >10%, more than half are represented...
- Large-scale discovery and genotyping of single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the mouseK Lindblad-Toh
Whitehead Institute MIT Center for Genome Research, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA, USA
Nat Genet 24:381-6. 2000..We have also developed a multiplex genotyping procedure by which a genome scan can be performed with only six genotyping reactions per animal...
- Detecting recent positive selection in the human genome from haplotype structurePardis C Sabeti
Whitehead Institute/MIT Center for Genome Research, Nine Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nature 419:832-7. 2002..More generally, the method could be used to scan the entire genome for evidence of recent positive selection...
- Evaluating potential for whole-genome studies in Kosrae, an isolated population in MicronesiaPenelope E Bonnen
Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Genet 38:214-7. 2006..The long-range LD around common alleles and limited diversity result in improved efficiency in genetic studies in this population and augments the power to detect association of 'hidden SNPs'...
- Human genome sequence variation and the influence of gene history, mutation and recombinationDavid E Reich
Whitehead Institute/MIT Center for Genome Research, One Kendall Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Genet 32:135-42. 2002....
- Mapping multiple sclerosis susceptibility to the HLA-DR locus in African AmericansJorge R Oksenberg
Department of Neurology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0435, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:160-7. 2004..This finding is unlikely to be solely explained by admixture, since a substantial proportion of the susceptibility chromosomes from African American patients with MS displayed haplotypes consistent with an African origin...
- Genetic signatures of strong recent positive selection at the lactase geneTodd Bersaglieri
Divisions of Genetics and Endocrinology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 74:1111-20. 2004....