Michael F Murray
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Nicotinamide: an oral antimicrobial agent with activity against both Mycobacterium tuberculosis and human immunodeficiency virusMichael F Murray
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:453-60. 2003..tuberculosis and HIV...
- Tryptophan depletion and HIV infection: a metabolic link to pathogenesisMichael F Murray
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115 6110, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 3:644-52. 2003..Additional study of this metabolism could lead to improved treatment strategies for patients with HIV infection. In this review I focus on the potential links between disturbed tryptophan metabolism and pathogenesis...
- The human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase gene and related human genesMichael F Murray
Clinical Chief, Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Drug Metab 8:197-200. 2007..In addition to INDO and TDO2 a third related gene, the Indoleamine-Pyrrole 2,3 Dioxygenase-like 1 (INDOL1) gene will be discussed. INDOL1 is a gene of unknown function that lies adjacent to INDO on chromosome 8...
- Insights into therapy: tryptophan oxidation and HIV infectionMichael F Murray
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Sci Transl Med 2:32ps23. 2010..TOx regulation is a therapeutic target for other diseases, such as cancer and autoimmune disorders. Here TOx control is examined with an eye to eventual therapeutic intervention in HIV disease...
- siRNA-directed inhibition of HIV-1 infectionCarl D Novina
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 8:681-6. 2002..siRNAs effectively inhibit pre- and/or post-integration infection events in the HIV-1 life cycle. Thus, siRNAs may have potential for therapeutic intervention in HIV-1 and other viral infections...
- RNA directed silencing of HIV and SIV receptorsMichael Murray; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..