Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Measuring decision quality: psychometric evaluation of a new instrument for breast cancer surgeryKaren R Sepucha
General Medicine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:51. 2012..The purpose of this paper is to examine the acceptability, feasibility, reliability and validity of a new decision quality instrument that assesses the extent to which patients are informed and receive treatments that match their goals...
- Correlation between financial relationships with commercial interests and research prominence at an oncology meetingBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, 55 Fruit St, Yawkey 9A, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:2678-84. 2013..We examined the prevalence of FCOIs in oncology and associations between FCOIs and research prominence among abstracts presented at American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meetings...
- Patient navigation for underserved patients diagnosed with breast cancerAparna Raj
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Oncologist 17:1027-31. 2012..Future research should prospectively analyze quality metrics to assess measures to improve the process and outcomes of patient navigation in diverse underserved settings, compared with control non-navigated populations...
- Medical integrity up in smoke? Conflicts of interest and the lung cancer screening controversyBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Gillette Center for Women s Cancers, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Oncologist 13:474-6. 2008
- Patient navigator programs, cancer disparities, and the patient protection and affordable care actBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Oncologist 16:926-9. 2011..It is vital that the entire oncology community remain committed to leading efforts toward the improvement of cancer care among our most vulnerable patients...
- American Society of Clinical Oncology policy statement: opportunities in the patient protection and affordable care act to reduce cancer care disparitiesBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, LRH 308, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:3816-24. 2011..ASCO is committed to leading efforts toward the improvement of cancer care among the most vulnerable patients...
- Clinical outcomes of ethnic minority women in MA.17: a trial of letrozole after 5 years of tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with early stage breast cancerB Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Ann Oncol 17:1637-43. 2006..Aromatase inhibitors are widely employed in the adjuvant treatment of early stage breast cancer. The impact of aromatase inhibitors has not been established in ethnic minority women...
- Estrogen receptor pathway: resistance to endocrine therapy and new therapeutic approachesBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4790-3. 2006..This article reviews the problem of resistance to hormonal therapy and addresses potential approaches to overcome intrinsic or acquired mechanisms of resistance...
- Barriers to repeat mammography: cultural perspectives of African-American, Asian, and Hispanic womenBeverly Moy
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, USA
Psychooncology 15:623-34. 2006..Cultural barriers to repeat mammography appear to vary among different racial groups. Interventions to improve screening among minority populations may be more successful if they address group-specific concerns...
- Lapatinib-associated toxicity and practical management recommendationsBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Gillette Center for Women s Cancers, Lawrence House, LRH 304, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Oncologist 12:756-65. 2007..Cardiac toxicity is rarely seen with lapatinib. This paper reviews lapatinib-associated toxicities and provides practical management recommendations based on available data...
- Institutional academic industry relationshipsEric G Campbell
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
JAMA 298:1779-86. 2007..To date there are no empirical data to support the establishment and evaluation of institutional policies and practices related to managing these relationships...
- LapatinibBeverly Moy
Nat Rev Drug Discov 6:431-2. 2007
- TEACH: Tykerb evaluation after chemotherapyBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:489-92. 2007
- Mammographic breast density and raceMarcela G del Carmen
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Yawkey 9E, Boston, MA 02114, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1147-50. 2007..We first compared breast density among white, African American, and Asian women and then correlated breast density and race with age, body mass index (BMI), and breast or cup size...
- Lapatinib: current status and future directions in breast cancerBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Oncologist 11:1047-57. 2006..Our improved understanding of the biology of breast cancer and the use of biomarkers for identification of specific subtypes is allowing us to bring patient-specific novel therapies such as lapatinib to the clinic...
- Efficacy of pegfilgrastim and darbepoetin alfa as hematopoietic support for dose-dense every-2-week adjuvant breast cancer chemotherapyHarold J Burstein
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8340-7. 2005..The role of long-acting hematopoietic growth factors in facilitating every-2-week chemotherapy and minimizing hematologic toxicity has not been established...
- Institutional academic industry relationship: results of interviews with university leadersEric G Campbell
Institute for Health Policy, 50 Staniford St, 9th Fl, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Account Res 11:103-18. 2004..Further tracking and study of the IAIRs is required to understand and anticipate the full effects of these relationships on the scientific enterprise in the United States...
- Mammographic screening: patterns of use and estimated impact on breast carcinoma survivalKaren Blanchard
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer 101:495-507. 2004..In the current report, the authors describe patterns of screening use among women who were examined at a large screening and diagnostic service and estimate the added mortality associated with missed screening mammograms...
- Postmenopausal hormone use and symptoms of gastroesophageal refluxBrian C Jacobson
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston Medical Center, and School of Medicine, Boston University, 88 E Concord St, Room 7721, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1798-804. 2008..Previous studies suggest that elevated levels of estrogen and progesterone, either through endogenous or exogenous sources, increase gastroesophageal reflux...
- Long-term psychosocial adjustment of older vs younger survivors of breast and endometrial cancerAlice B Kornblith
Breast Oncology Program Mayer 2, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Psychooncology 16:895-903. 2007..The study's objective was to test whether there were signfiicant differences in adjustment between younger and older breast and endometrial cancer survivors...