Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Measuring decision quality: psychometric evaluation of a new instrument for breast cancer chemotherapyClara N Lee
Department of Surgery, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Sheps Center for Health Services Research, University of North Carolina, UNC Plastic Surgery CB 7195, 27599 7195 Chapel Hill, NC, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 14:73. 2014..We developed a decision quality instrument for chemotherapy for early stage breast cancer and sought to evaluate its performance...
- Measuring decision quality: psychometric evaluation of a new instrument for breast cancer surgeryKaren R Sepucha
General Medicine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:51. 2012..The purpose of this paper is to examine the acceptability, feasibility, reliability and validity of a new decision quality instrument that assesses the extent to which patients are informed and receive treatments that match their goals...
- Correlation between financial relationships with commercial interests and research prominence at an oncology meetingBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, 55 Fruit St, Yawkey 9A, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:2678-84. 2013..We examined the prevalence of FCOIs in oncology and associations between FCOIs and research prominence among abstracts presented at American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meetings...
- Patient navigation for underserved patients diagnosed with breast cancerAparna Raj
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Oncologist 17:1027-31. 2012..Future research should prospectively analyze quality metrics to assess measures to improve the process and outcomes of patient navigation in diverse underserved settings, compared with control non-navigated populations...
- Medical integrity up in smoke? Conflicts of interest and the lung cancer screening controversyBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Gillette Center for Women s Cancers, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Oncologist 13:474-6. 2008
- Patient navigator programs, cancer disparities, and the patient protection and affordable care actBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Oncologist 16:926-9. 2011..It is vital that the entire oncology community remain committed to leading efforts toward the improvement of cancer care among our most vulnerable patients...
- American Society of Clinical Oncology policy statement: opportunities in the patient protection and affordable care act to reduce cancer care disparitiesBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, LRH 308, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:3816-24. 2011..ASCO is committed to leading efforts toward the improvement of cancer care among the most vulnerable patients...
- Clinical outcomes of ethnic minority women in MA.17: a trial of letrozole after 5 years of tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with early stage breast cancerB Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Ann Oncol 17:1637-43. 2006..Aromatase inhibitors are widely employed in the adjuvant treatment of early stage breast cancer. The impact of aromatase inhibitors has not been established in ethnic minority women...
- Estrogen receptor pathway: resistance to endocrine therapy and new therapeutic approachesBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4790-3. 2006..This article reviews the problem of resistance to hormonal therapy and addresses potential approaches to overcome intrinsic or acquired mechanisms of resistance...
- Barriers to repeat mammography: cultural perspectives of African-American, Asian, and Hispanic womenBeverly Moy
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, USA
Psychooncology 15:623-34. 2006..Cultural barriers to repeat mammography appear to vary among different racial groups. Interventions to improve screening among minority populations may be more successful if they address group-specific concerns...
- Lapatinib-associated toxicity and practical management recommendationsBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Gillette Center for Women s Cancers, Lawrence House, LRH 304, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Oncologist 12:756-65. 2007..Cardiac toxicity is rarely seen with lapatinib. This paper reviews lapatinib-associated toxicities and provides practical management recommendations based on available data...
- Institutional academic industry relationshipsEric G Campbell
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
JAMA 298:1779-86. 2007..To date there are no empirical data to support the establishment and evaluation of institutional policies and practices related to managing these relationships...
- LapatinibBeverly Moy
Nat Rev Drug Discov 6:431-2. 2007
- TEACH: Tykerb evaluation after chemotherapyBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:489-92. 2007
- Mammographic breast density and raceMarcela G del Carmen
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Yawkey 9E, Boston, MA 02114, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1147-50. 2007..We first compared breast density among white, African American, and Asian women and then correlated breast density and race with age, body mass index (BMI), and breast or cup size...
- Lapatinib: current status and future directions in breast cancerBeverly Moy
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Oncologist 11:1047-57. 2006..Our improved understanding of the biology of breast cancer and the use of biomarkers for identification of specific subtypes is allowing us to bring patient-specific novel therapies such as lapatinib to the clinic...
- Efficacy of pegfilgrastim and darbepoetin alfa as hematopoietic support for dose-dense every-2-week adjuvant breast cancer chemotherapyHarold J Burstein
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8340-7. 2005..The role of long-acting hematopoietic growth factors in facilitating every-2-week chemotherapy and minimizing hematologic toxicity has not been established...
- Institutional academic industry relationship: results of interviews with university leadersEric G Campbell
Institute for Health Policy, 50 Staniford St, 9th Fl, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Account Res 11:103-18. 2004..Further tracking and study of the IAIRs is required to understand and anticipate the full effects of these relationships on the scientific enterprise in the United States...
- Mammographic screening: patterns of use and estimated impact on breast carcinoma survivalKaren Blanchard
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer 101:495-507. 2004..In the current report, the authors describe patterns of screening use among women who were examined at a large screening and diagnostic service and estimate the added mortality associated with missed screening mammograms...
- Postmenopausal hormone use and symptoms of gastroesophageal refluxBrian C Jacobson
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston Medical Center, and School of Medicine, Boston University, 88 E Concord St, Room 7721, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1798-804. 2008..Previous studies suggest that elevated levels of estrogen and progesterone, either through endogenous or exogenous sources, increase gastroesophageal reflux...
- Long-term psychosocial adjustment of older vs younger survivors of breast and endometrial cancerAlice B Kornblith
Breast Oncology Program Mayer 2, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Psychooncology 16:895-903. 2007..The study's objective was to test whether there were signfiicant differences in adjustment between younger and older breast and endometrial cancer survivors...