Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Educational potential of a virtual patient system for caring for traumatized patients in primary careSolvig Ekblad
Department of Learning Informatics, Management and Ethics LIME, Cultural Medicine Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Tomtebodavägen 18A, plan 3, SE 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Med Educ 13:110. 2013..The aim of the study was to evaluate if Refugee Trauma VPs was perceived as an effective and engaging learning tool by primary care professionals (PCPs) in a Primary Health Care Centre (PHC)...
- Brain structural abnormalities and mental health sequelae in South Vietnamese ex-political detainees who survived traumatic head injury and tortureRichard F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, 22 Putnam Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:1221-32. 2009....
- Longitudinal study of posttraumatic stress disorder, depression, and changes in traumatic memories over time in Bosnian refugeesRichard F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 195:572-9. 2007..This implies that increased reporting is related specifically to the presence of PTSD symptoms, and that PTSD may be distinctly associated with the failed extinction of traumatic memories...
- Mental health in complex emergenciesR F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital, Cambridge, MA, USA
Lancet 364:2058-67. 2004..A research agenda is included that should, in time, fill knowledge gaps and reduce the negative mental health effects of complex emergencies...
- Disability associated with psychiatric comorbidity and health status in Bosnian refugees living in CroatiaR F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
JAMA 282:433-9. 1999..The relationship between psychiatric symptoms and disability in refugee survivors of mass violence is not known...
- Longitudinal study of psychiatric symptoms, disability, mortality, and emigration among Bosnian refugeesR F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, 8 Story St, Third Floor, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
JAMA 286:546-54. 2001..Evidence is emerging that psychiatric disorders are common in populations affected by mass violence. Previously, we found associations among depression, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and disability in a Bosnian refugee cohort...
- Surviving tortureRichard F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Mass, USA
N Engl J Med 351:5-7. 2004
- Psychiatric effects of traumatic brain injury events in Cambodian survivors of mass violenceRichard F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 22 Putnam Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Br J Psychiatry 181:339-47. 2002..The prevalence of brain injury and its effects in populations exposed to war violence has not been studied in recent years...
- Science-based policy for psychosocial interventions in refugee camps: a Cambodian exampleRichard F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 22 Putnam Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:158-66. 2002..As refugee mental health policy receives increasing attention from the international community, it must consist of recommendations and practices based on scientific analysis and empirical evidence...
- Building primary care practitioners' attitudes and confidence in mental health skills in a post-conflict society: a Cambodian exampleDavid C Henderson
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02138, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:551-9. 2005..05). Only confidence in prescribing psychotropic medications improved from posttraining to 2-year follow-up. This study supports the feasibility of training PCPs in a culturally effective manner in a postconflict society...