Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mental health in complex emergenciesR F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital, Cambridge, MA, USA
Lancet 364:2058-67. 2004..A research agenda is included that should, in time, fill knowledge gaps and reduce the negative mental health effects of complex emergencies...
- Longitudinal study of posttraumatic stress disorder, depression, and changes in traumatic memories over time in Bosnian refugeesRichard F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 195:572-9. 2007..This implies that increased reporting is related specifically to the presence of PTSD symptoms, and that PTSD may be distinctly associated with the failed extinction of traumatic memories...
- Brain structural abnormalities and mental health sequelae in South Vietnamese ex-political detainees who survived traumatic head injury and tortureRichard F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, 22 Putnam Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:1221-32. 2009....
- Disability associated with psychiatric comorbidity and health status in Bosnian refugees living in CroatiaR F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
JAMA 282:433-9. 1999..The relationship between psychiatric symptoms and disability in refugee survivors of mass violence is not known...
- Longitudinal study of psychiatric symptoms, disability, mortality, and emigration among Bosnian refugeesR F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, 8 Story St, Third Floor, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
JAMA 286:546-54. 2001..Evidence is emerging that psychiatric disorders are common in populations affected by mass violence. Previously, we found associations among depression, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and disability in a Bosnian refugee cohort...
- Science-based policy for psychosocial interventions in refugee camps: a Cambodian exampleRichard F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 22 Putnam Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:158-66. 2002..As refugee mental health policy receives increasing attention from the international community, it must consist of recommendations and practices based on scientific analysis and empirical evidence...
- Psychiatric effects of traumatic brain injury events in Cambodian survivors of mass violenceRichard F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 22 Putnam Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Br J Psychiatry 181:339-47. 2002..The prevalence of brain injury and its effects in populations exposed to war violence has not been studied in recent years...
- Surviving tortureRichard F Mollica
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Mass, USA
N Engl J Med 351:5-7. 2004
- Building primary care practitioners' attitudes and confidence in mental health skills in a post-conflict society: a Cambodian exampleDavid C Henderson
Harvard Program in Refugee Trauma at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02138, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:551-9. 2005..05). Only confidence in prescribing psychotropic medications improved from posttraining to 2-year follow-up. This study supports the feasibility of training PCPs in a culturally effective manner in a postconflict society...