M McNaughton Collins
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Primary care physician practices in the diagnosis, treatment and management of men with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndromeE A Calhoun
Division of Health Policy and Administration, University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health, Chicago, IL, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 12:288-95. 2009..Although studies suggest that CP/CPPS is common, many PCPs reported little or no familiarity, important knowledge deficits and limited experience in managing men with this syndrome...
- Quality of life is impaired in men with chronic prostatitis: the Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research NetworkM McNaughton Collins
General Medicine Unit, Medical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:656-62. 2001..Our objective was to examine HRQOL, and factors associated with HRQOL, using both general and condition-specific instruments...
- The impact of androgen deprivation on quality of life after radical prostatectomy for prostate carcinomaFloyd J Fowler
Center for Survey Research, University of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 95:287-95. 2002....
- The impact of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome on patientsMary McNaughton Collins
General Medicine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Staniford Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02114, USA
World J Urol 21:86-9. 2003....
- Validity of primary care patient self-report of abnormal (but not cancer) prostate biopsy resultsMary McNaughton-Collins
General Medicine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Urol 172:2366-8. 2004..We assessed the validity of patient self-report of abnormal (but not cancer) prostate biopsy results, ie, atypical cells or prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia...
- Psychological effects of a suspicious prostate cancer screening test followed by a benign biopsy resultMary McNaughton-Collins
General Medicine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Am J Med 117:719-25. 2004..To evaluate the psychological implications of an apparently false-positive screening result for prostate cancer...
- The association of abuse and symptoms suggestive of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome: results from the Boston Area Community Health surveyJim C Hu
Division of Urologic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1532-7. 2007..To determine the effect of reported sexual, physical, or emotional abuse on the symptoms suggestive of chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) and to determine the effect of race/ethnicity on these patterns...
- United States radiation oncologists' and urologists' opinions about screening and treatment of prostate cancer vary by regionMary McNaughton Collins
Medical Practices Evaluation Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Urology 60:628-33. 2002..To examine whether physicians' views on prostate cancer screening and treatment vary by geographic region in the United States...
- Use of androgen deprivation therapy for metastatic prostate cancer in older menNancy L Keating
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BJU Int 101:1077-83. 2008....