Andrew D McAinsh
Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Structure, function, and regulation of budding yeast kinetochoresAndrew D McAinsh
Department of Biology, and Biological Engineering Division, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 19:519-39. 2003..location of centromeres? What are the protein components of kinetochores, and how do they assemble a MT attachment site? How do MT attachments generate force? How do cells sense the state of attachment via the spindle assembly checkpoint?..
- The human kinetochore proteins Nnf1R and Mcm21R are required for accurate chromosome segregationAndrew D McAinsh
Department of Biology, MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA
EMBO J 25:4033-49. 2006....
- Phylogenetic and structural analysis of centromeric DNA and kinetochore proteinsPatrick Meraldi
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Genome Biol 7:R23. 2006....
- Hierarchical assembly of the budding yeast kinetochore from multiple subcomplexesPeter De Wulf
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Genes Dev 17:2902-21. 2003..In addition, we propose that the three complexes have different functions with respect to force generation and MT attachment...
- Bod1, a novel kinetochore protein required for chromosome biorientationIain M Porter
Division of Gene Regulation and Expression, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 179:187-97. 2007..Therefore, Bod1 is a novel kinetochore protein that is required for the detection or resolution of syntelic attachments in mitotic spindles...
- The CENP-A NAC/CAD kinetochore complex controls chromosome congression and spindle bipolaritySarah E McClelland
Chromosome Segregation Laboratory, Marie Curie Research Institute, The Chart, Oxted, Surrey, UK
EMBO J 26:5033-47. 2007..Based on our results, we propose that the cooperative action of CENP-A NAC/CAD subunits and the KMN network drives efficient chromosome segregation and bipolar spindle assembly during mitosis...
- Separation-of-function mutants of yeast Ku80 reveal a Yku80p-Sir4p interaction involved in telomeric silencingRajat Roy
Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Institute of Cancer and Developmental Biology, and Deparment of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
J Biol Chem 279:86-94. 2004..Taken together with other data, these findings indicate that the Yku80p-Sir4p interaction plays a vital role in the assembly of telomeric heterochromatin...
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sin3p facilitates DNA double-strand break repairAli Jazayeri
Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute and Department of Zoology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:1644-9. 2004..Taken together, these results define a role for the Sin3p/Rpd3p complex in the modulation of DNA repair...