Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Chronic humoral rejection: identification of antibody-mediated chronic renal allograft rejection by C4d deposits in peritubular capillariesS Mauiyyedi
Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:574-82. 2001..C4d can be used to separate this group of CR from the nonspecific category of chronic allograft nephropathy and may have the potential to guide successful therapeutic intervention...
- Acute humoral rejection in kidney transplantation: II. Morphology, immunopathology, and pathologic classificationShamila Mauiyyedi
Pathology Service, Immunopathology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:779-87. 2002..Because AHR has a distinct therapy and prognosis, we propose that it should be classified separately from ACR, with further sub-classification into AHR 1 (neutrophilic capillary involvement) and AHR 2 (arterial fibrinoid necrosis)...
- Acute humoral rejection in renal allograft recipients: I. Incidence, serology and clinical characteristicsM Crespo
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Transplantation 71:652-8. 2001..Combined DSA testing and C4d staining provides a useful approach for the early diagnosis of AHR, a condition that often necessitates a more intensive therapeutic rescue regimen...
- Control of antidonor antibody production with tacrolimus and mycophenolate mofetil in renal allograft recipients with chronic rejectionT P Theruvath
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Transplantation 72:77-83. 2001..Limitation of antidonor antibody synthesis may be important for the treatment or the prevention of chronic rejection in organ transplantation...
- Induction of molecular chimerism by gene therapy prevents antibody-mediated heart transplant rejectionJ L Bracy
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Gene Ther 8:1738-44. 2001..These data suggest that gene therapy can be used to induce immunological tolerance to defined antigens and thereby overcome transplant rejection...
- Pig kidney transplantation in baboons treated intravenously with a bovine serum albumin-Galalpha1-3Gal conjugateBernd Gollackner
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Xenotransplantation 10:606-14. 2003..The mechanism of the hepatic injury remains uncertain...
- Humoral rejection in kidney transplantation: new concepts in diagnosis and treatmentShamila Mauiyyedi
Department of Pathology, University of Texas-Houston, Health Sciences Center, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 11:609-18. 2002..Specific therapeutic strategies for humoral rejection with controlled trials targeting the humoral limb of immunosuppression are needed...
- Cytomegalovirus and recurrent idiopathic membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis type 1: cause or consequence?Scott E Wenderfer
Transplantation 83:523-4. 2007
- Correlation of biochemical and hematological changes with graft failure following pig heart and kidney transplantation in baboonsChristoph Knosalla
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Transplant 3:1510-9. 2003..Noninvasive parameters were identified that have predictive potential for AHXR. Monitoring of these might enable therapeutic intervention to reverse rejection...
- Prevalence of renal cell carcinoma in patients with ESRD pre-transplantation: a pathologic analysisMark D Denton
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Kidney Int 61:2201-9. 2002..However, the prevalence of these conditions in patients undergoing transplantation, and the clinical characteristics associated with their occurrence are unclear...
- Posttransplant lymphoproliferative disorder associated with an Epstein-Barr-related virus in cynomolgus monkeysJan Schmidtko
Department of Pathology and Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Transplantation 73:1431-9. 2002..This report identifies a novel animal model of EBV associated PTLD in the setting of kidney transplantation, with valuable implications for managing and understanding human PTLD and oncogenesis...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 4-2002. A 75-year-old man with acute renal failure five months after cystoprostatectomy and urethrectomy for carcinomaHasan Bazari
N Engl J Med 346:353-60. 2002
- BK virus-associated nephropathy in sirolimus-treated renal transplant patients: incidence, course, and clinical outcomesCarlos A Benavides
Division of Immunology and Organ Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Transplantation 84:83-8. 2007....