Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Avoidant personality disorder in individuals with generalized social anxiety disorder: what does it add?Luana Marques
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, 1 Bowdoin Square, 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02114 2790, United States
J Anxiety Disord 26:665-72. 2012....
- Correlates of quality of life and functional disability in individuals with body dysmorphic disorderLuana Marques
Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Psychiatry and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Psychosomatics 52:245-54. 2011..The present study was designed to examine sociodemographic and clinical correlates of quality of life and disability (work, social, and family) in a sample of individuals with moderately severe BDD symptoms...
- Body dysmorphic symptoms: phenomenology and ethnicityLuana Marques
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Body Image 8:163-7. 2011..Although most clinical features of BDD appear similar across ethnic groups, results showed some differences in body parts and behaviors between Caucasians and Asian Americans with BDD symptoms...
- Treatment utilization and barriers to treatment engagement among people with body dysmorphic symptomsLuana Marques
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Psychosom Res 70:286-93. 2011..The present study sought to examine rates and patterns of treatment utilization as well as barriers to treatment among individuals with body dysmorphic symptoms...
- Cross-cultural variations in the prevalence and presentation of anxiety disordersLuana Marques
Center for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorders, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, 1 Bowdoin Square, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 11:313-22. 2011..A difference in catastrophic cognitions about anxiety symptoms across cultures is hypothesized to be a key aspect of cross-cultural variation in the anxiety disorders. Future research directions are suggested...
- Comparative prevalence, correlates of impairment, and service utilization for eating disorders across US ethnic groups: Implications for reducing ethnic disparities in health care access for eating disordersLuana Marques
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Int J Eat Disord 44:412-20. 2011..The study compared the prevalence, correlates of functional impairment, and service utilization for eating disorders across Latinos, Asians, and African Americans living in the United States to non-Latino Whites...
- Barriers to treatment and service utilization in an internet sample of individuals with obsessive-compulsive symptomsLuana Marques
Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorders Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Depress Anxiety 27:470-5. 2010..This study examined rates of treatment utilization and barriers to treatment in an internet sample of individuals with self-reported OCD...
- A comparison of emotional approach coping (EAC) between individuals with anxiety disorders and nonanxious controlsLuana Marques
Center for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorders, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
CNS Neurosci Ther 15:100-6. 2009..Overall, gender did not moderate the anxiety-EAC effect, but the results suggested that women utilize EAC to a greater degree than men. Clinical techniques designed to improve emotional coping may be beneficial to individuals with ADs...
- The relationship between perceived social support and severity of body dysmorphic disorder symptoms: the role of genderLuana Marques
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 33:238-44. 2011..To address this gap in the literature, the present study aims to examine the association between three domains of perceived social support (i.e., family, friends, and significant others) and severity of body dysmorphic disorder symptoms...
- Randomized controlled trial of mindfulness meditation for generalized anxiety disorder: effects on anxiety and stress reactivityElizabeth A Hoge
Center for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorders, Massachusetts General Hospital, One Bowdoin Sq, 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02114
J Clin Psychiatry 74:786-92. 2013....
- Understanding the relationship of perceived social support to post-trauma cognitions and posttraumatic stress disorderDonald J Robinaugh
Massachusetts General Hospital, United States
J Anxiety Disord 25:1072-8. 2011..These results provide support to models and treatments of PTSD that emphasize the role of negative post-trauma cognitions in maintenance of PTSD...
- Panic-agoraphobic spectrum symptoms in complicated griefEric Bui
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, United States
Psychiatry Res 209:118-20. 2013..Data from adults with CG (n=28) suggest that they experience more panic-spectrum symptoms (PSS) than bereaved controls (n=44), and that the presence of greater PSS is independently associated with poorer quality of life. ..
- Complicated grief symptoms in anxiety disorders: prevalence and associated impairmentLuana Marques
Center for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorders, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Depress Anxiety 30:1211-6. 2013..In the present study, we examined the prevalence of comorbid CG in bereaved primary anxiety disorder (AD) patients compared to bereaved healthy controls. We also examined the impairment associated with comorbid CG in AD...
- D-Cycloserine as an augmentation strategy with cognitive-behavioral therapy for social anxiety disorderStefan G Hofmann
Department of Psychology, Boston University, Boston, USA
Am J Psychiatry 170:751-8. 2013....
- The phenomenology of self-reported body dysmorphic disorder by proxyJennifer L Greenberg
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Body Image 10:243-6. 2013..Most avoided social/occupational activities, including contact with the POC. The impact of BDDBP was profound, particularly on relationships. Findings may help elucidate diagnostic criteria, course, and treatment...
- Khyâl attacks: a key idiom of distress among traumatized cambodia refugeesDevon E Hinton
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, 15 Parkman Street, WACC 812, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 34:244-78. 2010....
- Body dysmorphic disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder: similarities, differences and the classification debateAnne Chosak
OCD and Related Disorders Program, Simches Research Building, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Cambridge Street, Boston MA 02114, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 8:1209-18. 2008..This article describes the association between obsessive-compulsive disorder and body dysmorphic disorder as evidenced by the emerging literature, and presents theoretical and clinical implications of this association...