H D Madhani
Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- The riddle of MAP kinase signaling specificityH D Madhani
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Trends Genet 14:151-5. 1998..How are the myriad of inputs transduced accurately so that each evokes a specific response? One mechanism would be to have a distinct MAPK cascade for each signal; however, the situation appears to be more complicated...
- The control of filamentous differentiation and virulence in fungiH D Madhani
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Nine Cambridge Center, MA 02142, USA
Trends Cell Biol 8:348-53. 1998..Strikingly, components used to signal sexual differentiation in the response to mating pheromones are often reutilized to regulate dimorphic development, suggesting an ancient link between these processes...
- MAP kinases with distinct inhibitory functions impart signaling specificity during yeast differentiationH D Madhani
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Cell 91:673-84. 1997..In the absence of Fus3, there is erroneous crosstalk in which mating pheromone now activates filamentation-specific gene expression using the Kss1 MAPK...
- Effectors of a developmental mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade revealed by expression signatures of signaling mutantsH D Madhani
Whitehead Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Genome Research, Department of Biology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:12530-5. 1999..Thus, the Kss1 MAPK cascade programs development by coordinately modulating a cell adhesion factor, a secreted host-destroying activity, and a specialized subunit of the Cdc28 cyclin-dependent kinase...
- Combinatorial control required for the specificity of yeast MAPK signalingH D Madhani
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Science 275:1314-7. 1997..An FRE in the TEC1 promoter functions in a positive feedback loop required for pseudohyphal development...