Jennifer A Ligibel
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Obesity and breast cancerJennifer Ligibel
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 25:994-1000. 2011....
- American society of clinical oncology position statement on obesity and cancerJennifer A Ligibel
Jennifer A Ligibel, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Catherine M Alfano, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD Kerry S Courneya, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Wendy Demark Wahnefried, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL Robert A Burger, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Rowan T Chlebowski, Harbor University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, Torrance, CA Carol J Fabian, University of Kansas Medical Center, Westwood, KS Ayca Gucalp, Lee W Jones, and Clifford A Hudis, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Dawn L Hershman, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY Melissa M Hudson and Kirsten K Ness, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN Madhuri Kakarala, Van Andel Institute, Grand Rapids, MI and Janette K Merrill and Dana S Wollins, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Alexandria, VA
J Clin Oncol 32:3568-74. 2014....
- Lifestyle factors in cancer survivorshipJennifer Ligibel
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:3697-704. 2012..This article reviews the evidence that links lifestyle factors to cancer outcomes, provides clinical recommendations for cancer survivors, and describes future directions for lifestyle research in cancer survivors...
- Patterns of bone density evaluation in a community population treated with aromatase inhibitorsJennifer A Ligibel
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 134:1305-13. 2012..Attention is needed to insure that unnecessary fractures are avoided in breast cancer patients taking AIs...
- Impact of a telephone-based physical activity intervention upon exercise behaviors and fitness in cancer survivors enrolled in a cooperative group settingJennifer A Ligibel
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave Boston, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:205-13. 2012..Lifestyle intervention research is feasible in a cooperative group setting...
- Role of adjuvant and posttreatment exercise programs in breast healthJennifer A Ligibel
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 9:251-6. 2011..This article reviews the growing evidence that exercise could be an important part of breast cancer survivorship, and describes current exercise guidelines for breast cancer survivors...
- Physical and psychological outcomes among women in a telephone-based exercise intervention during adjuvant therapy for early stage breast cancerJennifer A Ligibel
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:1553-9. 2010..Studies have suggested that decreases in physical activity during treatment may contribute to weight gain in breast cancer patients...
- Impact of a mixed strength and endurance exercise intervention on levels of adiponectin, high molecular weight adiponectin and leptin in breast cancer survivorsJennifer A Ligibel
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Causes Control 20:1523-8. 2009..This study examines the impact of exercise upon levels of adiponectin, high molecular weight adiponectin (HMWA), and leptin in breast cancer survivors...
- Aromatase inhibitors as adjuvant therapy for postmenopausal women: a therapeutic advance but many unresolved questionsJennifer A Ligibel
Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Breast Cancer Res 7:255-7. 2005..Ongoing trials will compare these approaches and guide the use of these agents in the years to come...
- Impact of a mixed strength and endurance exercise intervention on insulin levels in breast cancer survivorsJennifer A Ligibel
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Channing Laboratory, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:907-12. 2008..We sought to analyze whether exercise lowered insulin concentrations in breast cancer survivors...
- Physical activity behaviors in women with newly diagnosed ductal carcinoma-in-situJennifer A Ligibel
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:106-12. 2009..Women who underwent mastectomy, as well as women who were more anxious, were more likely to decrease their level of physical activity. Women with DCIS might benefit from targeted interventions to increase physical activity...
- Risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, and fracture in a cohort of community-based breast cancer patientsJennifer A Ligibel
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:589-97. 2012..The side effect profile of AIs in this community-based population was similar to that seen in clinical trials. These findings provide reassurance that AIs appear to be associated with few serious side effects...
- The role of obesity in cancer survival and recurrenceWendy Demark-Wahnefried
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1244-59. 2012....
- A phase I study of lapatinib with whole brain radiotherapy in patients with Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2)-positive breast cancer brain metastasesNancy U Lin
Harvard Medical School, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 142:405-14. 2013..Given the high ORR, concurrent lapatinib-WBRT could still be considered for future study with careful safety monitoring. ..
- A phase II study of sagopilone (ZK 219477; ZK-EPO) in patients with breast cancer and brain metastasesRachel A Freedman
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 11:376-83. 2011..We observed modest activity with a central nervous system objective response rate of 13.3%; however, median PFS was disappointing. Further studies should focus on other agents to treat this challenging clinical problem...
- Clinical differences among the aromatase inhibitorsJennifer A Ligibel
Harvard Medical School, Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:473S-9S. 2003..This article explores the efficacy and tolerability of the aromatase inhibitors in both the metastatic and the adjuvant settings...
- Impact of diabetes on oncologic outcome of colorectal cancer patients: colon vs. rectal cancerJustin Y Jeon
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e55196. 2013..To evaluate the impact of diabetes on outcomes in colorectal cancer patients and to examine whether this association varies by the location of tumor (colon vs. rectum)...
- New NCCN guidelines for survivorship careJennifer A Ligibel
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA jligibel partners org
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 11:640-4. 2013..They also discuss implementing new recommendations on survivorship assessment in the clinic...
- Obesity at diagnosis is associated with inferior outcomes in hormone receptor-positive operable breast cancerJoseph A Sparano
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
Cancer 118:5937-46. 2012..Obesity has been associated with inferior outcomes in operable breast cancer, but the relation between body mass index (BMI) and outcomes by breast cancer subtype has not been previously evaluated...
- Mucinous breast carcinoma: a large contemporary seriesChristina R Barkley
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg 196:549-51. 2008..Mucinous breast cancer is typically associated with a favorable prognosis. This study aimed to assess recent trends and prognostic features in the treatment of mucinous breast carcinoma...
- Screening, assessment, and management of fatigue in adult survivors of cancer: an American Society of Clinical oncology clinical practice guideline adaptationJulienne E Bower
Julienne E Bower and Patricia A Ganz, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA Kate Bak and Christina Lacchetti, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Alexandria, VA Ann Berger, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, Bethesda, MD William Breitbart, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY Carmelita P Escalante, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX Hester Hill Schnipper, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Jennifer A Ligibel, Dana Farber Cancer Institute William F Pirl, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA Gary H Lyman, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington, Seattle, WA Mohammed S Ogaily, Oakwood Center for Hematology and Oncology Downriver, Brownstown, MI and Paul B Jacobsen, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL
J Clin Oncol 32:1840-50. 2014..This guideline presents screening, assessment, and treatment approaches for the management of adult cancer survivors who are experiencing symptoms of fatigue after completion of primary treatment...
- Trastuzumab/chemotherapy combinations in metastatic breast cancerJennifer A Ligibel
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Oncol 29:38-43. 2002....