Katherine P Liao
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- A 20-year-old man with right leg pain following orofacial surgeryKatherine P Liao
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 59:1527-32. 2008
- Associations of autoantibodies, autoimmune risk alleles, and clinical diagnoses from the electronic medical records in rheumatoid arthritis cases and non-rheumatoid arthritis controlsKatherine P Liao
Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, PBB B3, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arthritis Rheum 65:571-81. 2013..The aim of this study was to assess associations of autoantibodies with autoimmune risk alleles and with clinical diagnoses from the electronic medical records (EMRs) among RA cases and non-RA controls...
- Traditional cardiovascular risk factors, inflammation and cardiovascular risk in rheumatoid arthritisKatherine P Liao
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, PBB B3, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:45-52. 2013..More studies are needed to develop methods for accurate CV risk estimation in RA...
- Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide revised criteria for the classification of rheumatoid arthritisK P Liao
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1557-61. 2008..We developed and tested the performance characteristics of new criteria for RA classification, incorporating anti-CCP...
- Specific association of type 1 diabetes mellitus with anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide-positive rheumatoid arthritisKatherine P Liao
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:653-60. 2009..In this study, the strength and nature of this association were investigated at the population level in a Swedish case-control cohort...
- Clinical predictors of erosion-free status in rheumatoid arthritis: a prospective cohort studyKatherine P Liao
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 50:1473-9. 2011..Our objective was to characterize the group of RA patients without erosions and identify its clinical predictors...
- Normalization of plasma 25-hydroxy vitamin D is associated with reduced risk of surgery in Crohn's diseaseAshwin N Ananthakrishnan
Division of Gastroenterology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:1921-7. 2013..Vitamin D may have an immunologic role in Crohn's disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC). Retrospective studies suggested a weak association between vitamin D status and disease activity but have significant limitations...
- Improving case definition of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in electronic medical records using natural language processing: a novel informatics approachAshwin N Ananthakrishnan
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 19:1411-20. 2013....
- Electronic medical records for discovery research in rheumatoid arthritisKatherine P Liao
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 62:1120-7. 2010..We assessed whether a classification algorithm incorporating narrative EMR data (typed physician notes) more accurately classifies subjects with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) compared with an algorithm using codified EMR data alone...
- Genetic risk score predicting risk of rheumatoid arthritis phenotypes and age of symptom onsetLori B Chibnik
Program in Translational NeuroPsychiatric Genomics, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24380. 2011..Cumulative genetic profiles can help identify individuals at high-risk for developing RA. We examined the impact of 39 validated genetic risk alleles on the risk of RA phenotypes characterized by serologic and erosive status...
- Environmental influences on risk for rheumatoid arthritisKatherine P Liao
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02141, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 21:279-83. 2009..This review is timely given the expanding information on treatment, pathogenesis and genetic risk factors for RA...
- Rare, low-frequency, and common variants in the protein-coding sequence of biological candidate genes from GWASs contribute to risk of rheumatoid arthritisDorothée Diogo
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 92:15-27. 2013..Further, we have demonstrated that very large sample sizes will be required for comprehensively identifying the independent alleles contributing to the missing heritability of RA...
- Similar risk of depression and anxiety following surgery or hospitalization for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitisAshwin N Ananthakrishnan
Crohn s and Colitis Center, Division of Gastroenterology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 108:594-601. 2013..The objective of this study is to examine whether there is a difference in the risk of psychiatric comorbidity following surgery in CD and UC...