Adam Lacy Hulbert
Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ulcerative colitis and autoimmunity induced by loss of myeloid alphav integrinsAdam Lacy-Hulbert
Medical Research Council University of Edinburgh Centre for Inflammation Research, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15823-8. 2007..Our results identify a vital role for myeloid alphav integrins in generating mucosal Treg cells and emphasize the importance of antigen-presenting cells in establishing immune tolerance...
- Inhibitory effects of apoptotic cell ingestion upon endotoxin-driven myeloid dendritic cell maturationLynda M Stuart
Medical Research Council Center for Inflammation Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Immunol 168:1627-35. 2002....
- Apoptotic cells and innate immune stimuli combine to regulate macrophage cytokine secretionMark Lucas
University of Edinburgh/MRC Center for Inflammation Research, University of Edinburgh, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, Teviot Place, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, Scotland, UK
J Immunol 171:2610-5. 2003....
- Selective ablation of alphav integrins in the central nervous system leads to cerebral hemorrhage, seizures, axonal degeneration and premature deathJoseph H McCarty
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 40 Ames Street, E17 227, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Development 132:165-76. 2005....
- Persistence of apoptotic cells without autoimmune disease or inflammation in CD14-/- miceAndrew Devitt
Medical Research Council Centre for Inflammation Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 167:1161-70. 2004..We conclude that CD14 plays a broad tethering role in apoptotic cell clearance in vivo and that apoptotic cells can persist in the absence of proinflammatory consequences...
- Designer macrophages: oxidative metabolism fuels inflammation repairAdam Lacy-Hulbert
Centre for Inflammation Research, University of Edinburgh, Queen's Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Cell Metab 4:7-8. 2006..provide insight into the mechanisms by which reparative macrophages are generated and reveal a previously unappreciated link between this anti-inflammatory axis and mitochondrial oxidative metabolism (Vats el al., 2006)...
- Requirements for apoptotic cell contact in regulation of macrophage responsesMark Lucas
Medical Research Council/University of Edinburgh Centre for Inflammation Research, Queen's Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Immunol 177:4047-54. 2006..We conclude that the profound suppression of LPS-driven TNF-alpha release by macrophage populations requires hitherto obscure contact-dependent licensing of macrophage responsiveness to TGF-beta by apoptotic cells...
- Genetic ablation of alphav integrins in epithelial cells of the eyelid skin and conjunctiva leads to squamous cell carcinomaJoseph H McCarty
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1740-7. 2008....