Kenneth A Labresh
Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Quality of acute stroke care improvement framework for the Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Registry: facilitating policy and system change at the hospital levelKenneth A Labresh
MassPRO, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
Am J Prev Med 31:S246-50. 2006....
- Using "get with the guidelines" to improve cardiovascular secondary preventionKenneth A Labresh
MassPRO, Inc, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Saf 29:539-50. 2003..and other organizations to reduce the gap in the application of secondary prevention guidelines in hospitalized cardiovascular disease patients. Collaborative learning programs and technology solutions were created for the project...
- Get with the guidelines for cardiovascular secondary prevention: pilot resultsKenneth A Labresh
Department of Medicine, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:203-9. 2004..The use of Web-based technology and a collaborative model to improve hospital adherence to secondary prevention guidelines has not been previously evaluated...
- Improved treatment of hospitalized coronary artery disease patients with the get with the guidelines programKenneth A Labresh
MassPRO, Inc, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
Crit Pathw Cardiol 6:98-105. 2007..Statistically and clinically significant improvement in 10 of 11 quality-improvement measures for the treatment of patients hospitalized for cardiovascular disease was seen in hospitals participating in Get With The Guidelines...
- A collaborative model for hospital-based cardiovascular secondary preventionKenneth A Labresh
Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 12:20-7. 2003..Recognition of participation and achievement by the American Heart Association helps to obtain administrative support for the program...
- Lipid levels in patients hospitalized with coronary artery disease: an analysis of 136,905 hospitalizations in Get With The GuidelinesAmit Sachdeva
Department of Medicine, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA90095 1679, USA
Am Heart J 157:111-117.e2. 2009..Lipid levels among contemporary patients hospitalized with coronary artery disease (CAD) have not been well studied. This study aimed to analyze admission lipid levels in a broad contemporary population of patients hospitalized with CAD...
- Hospital treatment of patients with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack using the "Get With The Guidelines" programKenneth A Labresh
MassPRO, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:411-7. 2008..Adherence to evidence-based interventions for hospitalized patients who have experienced a stroke is suboptimal. We examined the association of process improvement and Internet-based data collection and decision support with stroke care...
- Atherosclerosis secondary prevention performance measures after coronary bypass graft surgery compared with percutaneous catheter intervention and nonintervention patients in the Get With the Guidelines databaseLoren F Hiratzka
Cardiac Vascular and Thoracic Surgeons, Inc, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Circulation 116:I207-12. 2007....
- Linking the hospital and the office in cardiovascular secondary preventionKenneth A Labresh
Am Fam Physician 71:430, 432-3. 2005
- An organized approach to improvement in guideline adherence for acute myocardial infarction: results with the Get With The Guidelines quality improvement programWilliam R Lewis
Heart and Vascular Center, MetroHealth Campus, Case Western Reserve University, H 322, 2500 MetroHealth Dr, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1813-9. 2008..The objective of this study was to evaluate whether participation in GWTG is associated with greater adherence to guidelines for coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Aligning financial incentives with "Get With The Guidelines" to improve cardiovascular careJohn T Berthiaume
Hawaii Medical Service Association, Honolulu, Hawaii 96814, USA
Am J Manag Care 10:501-4. 2004....
- Quality of care and outcomes among patients with heart failure and chronic kidney disease: A Get With the Guidelines -- Heart Failure Program studyUptal D Patel
Division of Nephrology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am Heart J 156:674-81. 2008..Both heart failure (HF) and chronic kidney disease (CKD) are highly prevalent conditions that often coexist; however, the quality of care received by hospitalized patients with both is not known...
- Impact of time of presentation on the care and outcomes of acute myocardial infarctionHani Jneid
Division of Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, GRB 800 Boston, MA 02114
Circulation 117:2502-9. 2008..Prior studies have demonstrated an inconsistent association between patients' arrival time for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) and their subsequent medical care and outcomes...
- Secondary prevention after coronary bypass: the American Heart Association "Get with the Guidelines" programTimothy A Denton
Ann Thorac Surg 75:758-60. 2003
- Development of systems of care for ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients: gaps, barriers, and implicationsBrahmajee K Nallamothu
Circulation 116:e68-72. 2007
- Nonfinancial incentives for quality: a policy statement from the American Heart AssociationVincent Bufalino
Midwest Heart Specialists
Circulation 115:398-401. 2007
- The Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Registry: initial results from four prototypesMathew J Reeves
Department of Epidemiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
Am J Prev Med 31:S202-9. 2006....
- Payment for quality: guiding principles and recommendations: principles and recommendations from the American Heart Association's Reimbursement, Coverage, and Access Policy Development WorkgroupVincent Bufalino
Circulation 113:1151-4. 2006..The statement also suggests future areas for research around the realignment of financial incentives to improve both the quality of care delivered and patient outcomes...
- Acute stroke care in the US: results from 4 pilot prototypes of the Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke RegistryMathew J Reeves
Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA
Stroke 36:1232-40. 2005..This article describes key features of acute stroke care from 4 prototype registries in Georgia (Ga), Massachusetts (Mass), Michigan (Mich), and Ohio...
- Get with the guidelines to improve heart careKenneth A Labresh
Ital Heart J 5:489-93. 2004