IAN E KROP
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) versus lapatinib plus capecitabine in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer and central nervous system metastases: a retrospective, exploratory analysis in EMILIAI E Krop
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston
Ann Oncol 26:113-9. 2015....
- Trastuzumab emtansine versus treatment of physician's choice for pretreated HER2-positive advanced breast cancer (TH3RESA): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trialIAN E KROP
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 15:689-99. 2014..We aimed to compare trastuzumab emtansine, an antibody-drug conjugate comprising the cytotoxic agent DM1 linked to trastuzumab, with treatment of physician's choice in this population of patients...
- Improving the yield of circulating tumour cells facilitates molecular characterisation and recognition of discordant HER2 amplification in breast cancerL M Flores
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Br J Cancer 102:1495-502. 2010..Circulating tumour cells (CTCs) offer a non-invasive approach to obtain and characterise metastatic tumour cells, but their usefulness has been limited by low CTC yields from conventional isolation methods...
- A phase II study of trastuzumab emtansine in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer who were previously treated with trastuzumab, lapatinib, an anthracycline, a taxane, and capecitabineIAN E KROP
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:3234-41. 2012....
- Chemokine signaling in gliomas: prognostic factor, therapeutic target or both?IAN E KROP
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 5:1039-41. 2006
- Neoadjuvant bevacizumab: surgical complications of mastectomy with and without reconstructionKari Joanne Kansal
Brigham and Women s Hopspital, Boston, MA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 141:255-9. 2013..As larger data sets become available with the use of neoadjuvant bevacizumab with mastectomy, further refinement may be necessary. ..
- Phase I study of trastuzumab-DM1, an HER2 antibody-drug conjugate, given every 3 weeks to patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancerIAN E KROP
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2698-704. 2010..This first-in-human study of T-DM1 evaluated safety, pharmacokinetics, and preliminary activity of T-DM1 in patients with advanced HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Disruption of laminin-integrin-CD151-focal adhesion kinase axis sensitizes breast cancer cells to ErbB2 antagonistsXiuwei H Yang
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, University of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 70:2256-63. 2010..These new insights should be useful when devising strategies for overcoming drug resistance in ErbB2+ cancers...
- A phase II study of sagopilone (ZK 219477; ZK-EPO) in patients with breast cancer and brain metastasesRachel A Freedman
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 11:376-83. 2011..We observed modest activity with a central nervous system objective response rate of 13.3%; however, median PFS was disappointing. Further studies should focus on other agents to treat this challenging clinical problem...
- Prospective clinical experience with research biopsies in breast cancer patientsInes Vaz-Luis
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 142:203-9. 2013..This supports continued efforts to study tissue samples at multiple points in a patient's disease course...
- Clinicopathological features among patients with advanced human epidermal growth factor-2-positive breast cancer with prolonged clinical benefit to first-line trastuzumab-based therapy: a retrospective cohort studyInes Vaz-Luis
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Breast Oncology Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 13:254-63. 2013..In this retrospective study, we investigated the clinicopathological features associated with prolonged first-line trastuzumab-based treatment duration...
- A phase II study of preoperative capecitabine in women with operable hormone receptor positive breast cancerSara M Tolaney
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
Cancer Med 3:293-9. 2014..Preoperative capecitabine is a well-tolerated regimen, but appears not lead to pCR when used as monotherapy in HR+ breast cancer...
- Prevalence of germline TP53 mutations in HER2+ breast cancer patientsMichelle G Rath
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 139:193-8. 2013..Given the potential clinical impact, consideration of germline TP53 testing should be given to young women with HER2+ breast cancer, especially if family cancer history is notable...
- Advances in targeting SRC in the treatment of breast cancer and other solid malignanciesErica L Mayer
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3526-32. 2010..Future trials will continue to explore the contribution of Src inhibition with both chemotherapy and targeted agents...
- Short preoperative treatment with erlotinib inhibits tumor cell proliferation in hormone receptor-positive breast cancersMarta Guix
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Comprehensive Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6307, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:897-906. 2008....
- Mechanisms of trastuzumab resistance in breast cancerSara M Tolaney
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 9:348-55. 2009..In this review, we discuss the mechanisms of antitumor activity of trastuzumab, potential mechanisms contributing to its resistance, and novel therapeutic agents that may provide a means to overcome trastuzumab resistance...