IAN E KROP
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1) versus lapatinib plus capecitabine in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer and central nervous system metastases: a retrospective, exploratory analysis in EMILIAI E Krop
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston
Ann Oncol 26:113-9. 2015....
- Trastuzumab emtansine versus treatment of physician's choice for pretreated HER2-positive advanced breast cancer (TH3RESA): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trialIAN E KROP
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 15:689-99. 2014..We aimed to compare trastuzumab emtansine, an antibody-drug conjugate comprising the cytotoxic agent DM1 linked to trastuzumab, with treatment of physician's choice in this population of patients...
- Improving the yield of circulating tumour cells facilitates molecular characterisation and recognition of discordant HER2 amplification in breast cancerL M Flores
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Br J Cancer 102:1495-502. 2010..Circulating tumour cells (CTCs) offer a non-invasive approach to obtain and characterise metastatic tumour cells, but their usefulness has been limited by low CTC yields from conventional isolation methods...
- Chemokine signaling in gliomas: prognostic factor, therapeutic target or both?IAN E KROP
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 5:1039-41. 2006
- A phase II study of trastuzumab emtansine in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive metastatic breast cancer who were previously treated with trastuzumab, lapatinib, an anthracycline, a taxane, and capecitabineIAN E KROP
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:3234-41. 2012....
- Neoadjuvant bevacizumab: surgical complications of mastectomy with and without reconstructionKari Joanne Kansal
Brigham and Women s Hopspital, Boston, MA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 141:255-9. 2013..As larger data sets become available with the use of neoadjuvant bevacizumab with mastectomy, further refinement may be necessary. ..
- Phase I study of trastuzumab-DM1, an HER2 antibody-drug conjugate, given every 3 weeks to patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancerIAN E KROP
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2698-704. 2010..This first-in-human study of T-DM1 evaluated safety, pharmacokinetics, and preliminary activity of T-DM1 in patients with advanced HER2-positive breast cancer...
- Disruption of laminin-integrin-CD151-focal adhesion kinase axis sensitizes breast cancer cells to ErbB2 antagonistsXiuwei H Yang
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, University of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 70:2256-63. 2010..These new insights should be useful when devising strategies for overcoming drug resistance in ErbB2+ cancers...
- A phase II study of sagopilone (ZK 219477; ZK-EPO) in patients with breast cancer and brain metastasesRachel A Freedman
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 11:376-83. 2011..We observed modest activity with a central nervous system objective response rate of 13.3%; however, median PFS was disappointing. Further studies should focus on other agents to treat this challenging clinical problem...
- Prospective clinical experience with research biopsies in breast cancer patientsInes Vaz-Luis
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 142:203-9. 2013..This supports continued efforts to study tissue samples at multiple points in a patient's disease course...
- Clinicopathological features among patients with advanced human epidermal growth factor-2-positive breast cancer with prolonged clinical benefit to first-line trastuzumab-based therapy: a retrospective cohort studyInes Vaz-Luis
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Breast Oncology Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 13:254-63. 2013..In this retrospective study, we investigated the clinicopathological features associated with prolonged first-line trastuzumab-based treatment duration...
- A phase II study of preoperative capecitabine in women with operable hormone receptor positive breast cancerSara M Tolaney
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
Cancer Med 3:293-9. 2014..Preoperative capecitabine is a well-tolerated regimen, but appears not lead to pCR when used as monotherapy in HR+ breast cancer...
- Prevalence of germline TP53 mutations in HER2+ breast cancer patientsMichelle G Rath
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 139:193-8. 2013..Given the potential clinical impact, consideration of germline TP53 testing should be given to young women with HER2+ breast cancer, especially if family cancer history is notable...
- Advances in targeting SRC in the treatment of breast cancer and other solid malignanciesErica L Mayer
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3526-32. 2010..Future trials will continue to explore the contribution of Src inhibition with both chemotherapy and targeted agents...
- Short preoperative treatment with erlotinib inhibits tumor cell proliferation in hormone receptor-positive breast cancersMarta Guix
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Comprehensive Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6307, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:897-906. 2008....
- Feasibility and Cardiac Safety of Trastuzumab Emtansine After Anthracycline-Based Chemotherapy As (neo)Adjuvant Therapy for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Positive Early-Stage Breast CancerIAN E KROP
Ian E Krop, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Thomas M Suter, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland Chau T Dang, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York Marc L Citron, Hofstra North Shore Long Island Jewish School of Medicine, New Hyde Park, NY Luc Dirix, Sint Augustinus Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium Gilles Romieu, Institut du Cancer de Montpellier Val d Aurelle, Montpellier Mario Campone, institut de cancérologie de l Ouest René Gauducheau, Nantes Saint Herblain, France Claudio Zamagni, Policlinico Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna Luca Gianni, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy and Na Xu and Melanie Smitt, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA
J Clin Oncol 33:1136-42. 2015....
- Mechanisms of trastuzumab resistance in breast cancerSara M Tolaney
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 9:348-55. 2009..In this review, we discuss the mechanisms of antitumor activity of trastuzumab, potential mechanisms contributing to its resistance, and novel therapeutic agents that may provide a means to overcome trastuzumab resistance...