William J Kostis
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Relationships between selected gene polymorphisms and blood pressure sensitivity to weight loss in elderly persons with hypertensionWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Hypertension 61:857-63. 2013..Polymorphisms related to hypertension, obesity, and diabetes mellitus are associated with weight sensitivity of BP...
- Meta-analysis of statin effects in women versus menWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:572-82. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of statins in decreasing cardiovascular events in women and men...
- Age-neutral guidelines for the primary prevention of cardiovascular diseaseWilliam J Kostis
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 02114, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 11:644-5. 2009..Generic medications can be obtained at an affordable cost, and concerns about long-term safety and efficacy can be tested in a clinical trial of younger individuals at low 10-year risk but high lifetime risk...
- Continuation of mortality reduction after the end of randomized therapy in clinical trials of lipid-lowering therapyWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital 55 Fruit St, GRB 800, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Lipidol 5:97-104. 2011..Long-term follow-up of clinical trials with lipid-lowering medications has suggested a continuation of event reduction after study completion...
- Acute myocardial infarction caused by multivessel coronary spasm due to calcium channel blocker withdrawalWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 78:229-33. 2011..We present the case of a 47-year-old woman who sustained an acute myocardial infarction mediated by multivessel coronary vasospasm secondary to verapamil withdrawal and the associated interventional management...
- Persistence of mortality reduction after the end of randomized therapy in clinical trials of blood pressure-lowering medicationsWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Hypertension 56:1060-8. 2010..These analyses imply that earlier intervention would result in better clinical outcomes...
- Competing cardiovascular and noncardiovascular risks and longevity in the systolic hypertension in the elderly programWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Am J Cardiol 113:676-81. 2014....
- Microstructural impact of ischemia and bone marrow-derived cell therapy revealed with diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imaging tractography of the heart in vivoDavid E Sosnovik
From Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology D E S, C M, S H, H H C, G D, R W, W J K, V J W, and Cardiovascular Research Center, Cardiology Division D E S, H H C, W J K, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA Institute for Biomedical Engineering, University and ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland C T S, S K Cardiac Muscle Research Laboratory, Divisions of Cardiology and Genetics, Brigham and Woman s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA S N, J G, R L and Department of Computer Science, Institute of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil M P J
Circulation 129:1731-41. 2014..A novel approach to characterize the microstructural response of the myocardium to ischemia and cell therapy, with the use of serial diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imaging tractography of the heart in vivo, is presented...
- Trends in mortality of acute myocardial infarction after discharge from the hospitalWilliam J Kostis
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:581-9. 2010..In recent decades, in-hospital mortality has declined markedly but the decline in longer-term mortality is less pronounced, implying that mortality after discharge has worsened...
- Diffusion MRI tractography of the developing human fetal heartChoukri Mekkaoui
Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e72795. 2013..We aimed here to use diffusion tensor MRI (DTI) tractography to characterize the evolution of fiber architecture in the developing human fetal heart...
- Meta-analysis of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-associated QTc prolongationScott R Beach
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St Warren 605, Boston, MA 02114
J Clin Psychiatry 75:e441-9. 2014..To evaluate the association between selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and corrected QT interval (QTc) prolongation via meta-analysis of prospective studies...
- Fiber architecture in remodeled myocardium revealed with a quantitative diffusion CMR tractography framework and histological validationChoukri Mekkaoui
Athinoula A, Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Boston, MA, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:70. 2012..The aim of this study was therefore to develop a technique for quantitative 3D diffusion CMR tractography of the heart, and to apply this method to quantify fiber architecture in the remote zone of remodeled hearts...