William J Kostis
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Relationships between selected gene polymorphisms and blood pressure sensitivity to weight loss in elderly persons with hypertensionWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Hypertension 61:857-63. 2013..Polymorphisms related to hypertension, obesity, and diabetes mellitus are associated with weight sensitivity of BP...
- Meta-analysis of statin effects in women versus menWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:572-82. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of statins in decreasing cardiovascular events in women and men...
- Age-neutral guidelines for the primary prevention of cardiovascular diseaseWilliam J Kostis
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 02114, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 11:644-5. 2009..Generic medications can be obtained at an affordable cost, and concerns about long-term safety and efficacy can be tested in a clinical trial of younger individuals at low 10-year risk but high lifetime risk...
- Persistence of mortality reduction after the end of randomized therapy in clinical trials of blood pressure-lowering medicationsWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Hypertension 56:1060-8. 2010..These analyses imply that earlier intervention would result in better clinical outcomes...
- Acute myocardial infarction caused by multivessel coronary spasm due to calcium channel blocker withdrawalWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 78:229-33. 2011..We present the case of a 47-year-old woman who sustained an acute myocardial infarction mediated by multivessel coronary vasospasm secondary to verapamil withdrawal and the associated interventional management...
- Continuation of mortality reduction after the end of randomized therapy in clinical trials of lipid-lowering therapyWilliam J Kostis
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital 55 Fruit St, GRB 800, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Lipidol 5:97-104. 2011..Long-term follow-up of clinical trials with lipid-lowering medications has suggested a continuation of event reduction after study completion...
- Trends in mortality of acute myocardial infarction after discharge from the hospitalWilliam J Kostis
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:581-9. 2010..In recent decades, in-hospital mortality has declined markedly but the decline in longer-term mortality is less pronounced, implying that mortality after discharge has worsened...
- Fiber architecture in remodeled myocardium revealed with a quantitative diffusion CMR tractography framework and histological validationChoukri Mekkaoui
Athinoula A, Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Boston, MA, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:70. 2012..The aim of this study was therefore to develop a technique for quantitative 3D diffusion CMR tractography of the heart, and to apply this method to quantify fiber architecture in the remote zone of remodeled hearts...