Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Internet-based Profiler system as integrative framework to support translational researchRobert Kim
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:304. 2005..The Profiler system allows investigator to reliably track, store, and evaluate TMA experiments. Here within we describe the process that has evolved through an empirical basis over the past 5 years at two academic institutions...
- Defining aggressive prostate cancer using a 12-gene modelTarek A Bismar
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Neoplasia 8:59-68. 2006..0015). This study demonstrates that cross-platform models can lead to predictive models with the possible advantage of being more robust through this selection process...
- Decreased alpha-methylacyl CoA racemase expression in localized prostate cancer is associated with an increased rate of biochemical recurrence and cancer-specific deathMark A Rubin
Department of Pathology Amory 3 195, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1424-32. 2005..This is the first study to show that AMACR expression is significantly associated with prostate cancer progression and suggests that not all surrogate end points may be optimal to define biomarkers of aggressive prostate cancer...
- Prostate-specific membrane antigen expression as a predictor of prostate cancer progressionSven Perner
Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Pathol 38:696-701. 2007..6-9.7, P < .001, respectively). In summary, PSMA is independently associated with PSA recurrence in a high-risk cohort and thus might provide insight into the additional use of adjuvant therapy. Validation on other cohorts is required...
- Automated immunofluorescence analysis defines microvessel area as a prognostic parameter in clear cell renal cell cancerKirsten D Mertz
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Hum Pathol 38:1454-62. 2007..MVA determination by AQUA is an objective and reliable method to quantify tumor vascularization in ccRCC. A large MVA correlates with a high MVD and is associated with better patient prognosis...
- Testing a multigene signature of prostate cancer death in the Swedish Watchful Waiting CohortLorelei A Mucci
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1682-8. 2008..78) than the clinical model alone (area under the curve = 0.71; P = 0.04). Molecular tumor markers can add to clinical variables to help distinguish lethal and indolent prostate cancer and hold promise to guide treatment decisions...
- Caveolin-1 interacts with a lipid raft-associated population of fatty acid synthaseDolores Di Vizio
The Urological Diseases Research Center and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell Cycle 7:2257-67. 2008..These findings suggest that FASN and Cav-1 physically and functionally interact in PCa cells. They also imply that palmitoylation within this complex is involved in tumor growth and survival...
- Identification of leukocyte E-selectin ligands, P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 and E-selectin ligand-1, on human metastatic prostate tumor cellsCharles J Dimitroff
Harvard Skin Disease Research Center, Department of Dermatology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 65:5750-60. 2005..These findings implicate a functional role of PSGL-1 in the bone tropism of prostate tumor cells and establish a new perspective into the molecular mechanism of human prostate tumor metastasis...
- Androgen-independent prostate cancer is a heterogeneous group of diseases: lessons from a rapid autopsy programRajal B Shah
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Cancer Res 64:9209-16. 2004..An appreciation of this heterogeneity is critical to evaluating diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers as well as to designing therapeutic targets for advanced disease...
- JAGGED1 expression is associated with prostate cancer metastasis and recurrenceSandro Santagata
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 64:6854-7. 2004....