James I Kim
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Generation of adaptive regulatory T cells by alloantigen is required for some but not all transplant tolerance protocolsJames I Kim
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Transplantation 91:707-13. 2011..We examined whether the immune response to a transplant allograft results in the peripheral generation of aTregs...
- Blockade of GITR-GITRL interaction maintains Treg function to prolong allograft survivalJames I Kim
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Eur J Immunol 40:1369-74. 2010..These results demonstrate that disruption of binding of GITR with GITR ligand may be an important strategy in prolonging allograft survival...
- Inhibition of transplantation tolerance by immune senescence is reversed by endocrine modulationGaoping Zhao
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Sci Transl Med 3:87ra52. 2011..The aging of the immune system ("immune senescence") is a significant barrier to immune tolerance, but this barrier can be overcome by targeting sex steroid production with commonly used clinical therapeutics...
- Islet alone versus islet after kidney transplantation: metabolic outcomes and islet graft survivalShaoping Deng
Harrison Department of Surgical Research, Department of Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Transplantation 88:820-5. 2009....
- Therapeutic siRNA silencing in inflammatory monocytes in miceFlorian Leuschner
Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Biotechnol 29:1005-10. 2011....
- Inhibition of ICAM-1/LFA-1 interactions prevents B-cell-dependent anti-CD45RB-induced transplantation toleranceXiaolun Huang
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Transplantation 85:675-80. 2008..We have investigated the hypothesis that alteration in ICAM-1 expression is required for tolerance induction...
- Progress toward antibody-induced transplantation toleranceDaniel J Moore
Harrison Department of Surgical Research, Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Crit Rev Immunol 27:167-218. 2007....
- Availability of suitable islet donors in the United StatesPaige M Porrett
Department of Surgery, The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Transplantation 84:280-2. 2007..We characterize donor utilization for islet transplantation and estimate the number of recipients who could achieve normoglycemia through islet transplantation if the current donor pool were used...
- Absence of transcription factor c-maf causes abnormal terminal differentiation of hypertrophic chondrocytes during endochondral bone developmentHelen E MacLean
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Dev Biol 262:51-63. 2003..5 in the c-maf-null. MMP-13 is known to be regulated by AP-1 and may also be a target of c-Maf. Thus, cartilage is a novel system in which c-Maf acts during development, where c-Maf is required for normal chondrocyte differentiation...