Genomes and Genes
Michael G Kharas
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Musashi-2 regulates normal hematopoiesis and promotes aggressive myeloid leukemiaMichael G Kharas
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Nat Med 16:903-8. 2010....
- Physiological Jak2V617F expression causes a lethal myeloproliferative neoplasm with differential effects on hematopoietic stem and progenitor cellsAnn Mullally
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 17:584-96. 2010..These findings provide insights into the consequences of JAK2 activation on HSC differentiation and function and have the potential to inform therapeutic approaches to JAK2V617F-positive MPN...
- Constitutively active AKT depletes hematopoietic stem cells and induces leukemia in miceMichael G Kharas
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 115:1406-15. 2010..This study demonstrates that enhanced AKT activation is an important mechanism of transformation in AML and that HSCs are highly sensitive to excess AKT/mTOR signaling...
- Constitutive JAK3 activation induces lymphoproliferative syndromes in murine bone marrow transplantation modelsMelanie G Cornejo
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 113:2746-54. 2009..These data demonstrate that constitutive JAK3 activation disrupts T-cell homeostasis and induces lymphoproliferative diseases in mice...
- Akt: a double-edged sword for hematopoietic stem cellsMichael G Kharas
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA
Cell Cycle 9:1223-4. 2010
- The Lin28/let-7 axis regulates glucose metabolismHao Zhu
Stem Cell Transplantation Program, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Cell 147:81-94. 2011..These data establish the Lin28/let-7 pathway as a central regulator of mammalian glucose metabolism...
- Hedgehog signaling is dispensable for adult murine hematopoietic stem cell function and hematopoiesisInga Hofmann
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Stem Cell 4:559-67. 2009..Furthermore, the Hh pathway may not be a compelling target in certain hematopoietic malignancies...