Vanessa J Kelly
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Effect of airway smooth muscle tone on airway distensibility measured by the forced oscillation technique in adults with asthmaVanessa J Kelly
Department of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Appl Physiol 112:1494-503. 2012..Our findings demonstrate that, at low lung volumes, ASM tone reduces airway distensibility in adults with asthma, independent of changes in airway closure and heterogeneity...
- Mechanism underlying accelerated arterial oxygen desaturation during recurrent apneaScott A Sands
The Ritchie Centre Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:961-9. 2010..Brief recurrent apneas in preterm infants and adults can precipitate rapid and severe arterial O(2) desaturation for reasons that remain unclear...
- A method to determine in vivo, specific airway compliance, in humansVanessa J Kelly
Department of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Clayton, Vic, Australia
Med Biol Eng Comput 48:489-96. 2010..In conclusion, our 3D surface is a useful tool to measure and quantify in vivo specific airway compliance in humans...
- The bronchodilator response of in vivo specific airway compliance in adults with asthmaVanessa J Kelly
The Department of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3004, Australia
Ann Biomed Eng 39:1125-35. 2011..In conclusion, our method may have future utility in assessing changes in airway compliance in respiratory diseases such as asthma...
- A model investigation of the impact of ventilation-perfusion mismatch on oxygenation during apnea in preterm infantsScott A Sands
Ritchie Centre for Baby Health Research, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
J Theor Biol 264:657-62. 2010..However, V/Q mismatch does not accelerate desaturation rate beyond apnea onset and cannot, therefore, explain the rapid desaturation observed during recurrent apnea in preterm infants...