Karen R Jacobson
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Implementation of genotype MTBDRplus reduces time to multidrug-resistant tuberculosis therapy initiation in South AfricaKaren R Jacobson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Infect Dis 56:503-8. 2013..We sought to determine whether implementation of the rapid MTBDRplus diagnostic shortened the time from specimen collection to patient MDR tuberculosis therapy initiation...
- Treatment outcomes among patients with extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis: systematic review and meta-analysisKaren R Jacobson
Division of Infectious Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Clin Infect Dis 51:6-14. 2010..We conducted a meta-analysis to assess XDR TB treatment outcomes and to identify therapeutic approaches associated with favorable responses...
- Treatment outcomes of isoniazid-resistant tuberculosis patients, Western Cape Province, South AfricaKaren R Jacobson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:369-72. 2011..These data reveal the need for early identification and aggressive follow-up of isoniazid monoresistance to increase treatment success...
- Genomic analysis identifies targets of convergent positive selection in drug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosisMaha R Farhat
1 Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 2
Nat Genet 45:1183-9. 2013..Functional genetic analysis of mutations in one gene, ponA1, demonstrated an in vitro growth advantage in the presence of the drug rifampicin...
- Systematic review of allelic exchange experiments aimed at identifying mutations that confer drug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosisHanna Nebenzahl-Guimaraes
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 69:331-42. 2014..tuberculosis drug resistance are superior to associational studies in elucidating an individual mutation's contribution to the drug resistance phenotype...