E L Hohmann
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Nontyphoidal salmonellosisE L Hohmann
Infectious Diseases Division, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Infect Dis 32:263-9. 2001..The current report presents a brief overview of the problems and trends associated with salmonellosis that are of interest to the infectious diseases clinician...
- Intestinal alkaline phosphatase preserves the normal homeostasis of gut microbiotaM S Malo
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gut 59:1476-84. 2010..In this study the role of IAP in the preservation of the normal homeostasis of the gut microbiota was investigated...
- Comparison of rectal swabs with fecal cultures for detection of Salmonella typhimurium in adult volunteersCamille N Kotton
Infectious Disease Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 56:123-6. 2006..When compared with fecal culture, rectal swabs were 64% sensitive and 90% specific. Rectal swabs are of moderate diagnostic utility for detection of Salmonella and may be useful when collection of fecal samples is impractical...
- Listeriosis during pregnancy: a case series and review of 222 casesEleftherios Mylonakis
Division of Infectious Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 81:260-9. 2002
- Enteric pathogens as vaccine vectors for foreign antigen deliveryCamille N Kotton
Infectious Diseases Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Infect Immun 72:5535-47. 2004
- Killed but metabolically active Salmonella typhimurium: application of a new technology to an old vectorAlexander J Lankowski
Infectious Diseases Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Infect Dis 195:1203-11. 2007..Because the parental strain has previously been found to elicit strong immune responses to Salmonella antigens, we propose CKS362 as a prototype strain to test the immunogenicity of KBMA organisms in humans...
- Comparative proteomic analysis of the PhoP regulon in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi versus TyphimuriumRichelle C Charles
Division of Infectious Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6994. 2009..The PhoP regulon is a well studied two component (PhoP/Q) coordinately regulated network of genes whose expression is required for intracellular survival of S. enterica...
- The International LAM Registry: a component of an innovative web-based clinician, researcher, and patient-driven rare disease research platformMichael Nurok
Division of Surgical Critical Care, Cardiac and Thoracic Anesthesia, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Lymphat Res Biol 8:81-7. 2010..A relative inability to capture a sufficiently large patient population in any one geographic location has traditionally limited research into rare diseases...
- Safety and shedding of an attenuated strain of Listeria monocytogenes with a deletion of actA/plcB in adult volunteers: a dose escalation study of oral inoculationHaroula Angelakopoulos
Infectious Diseases Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachussetts 02114, USA
Infect Immun 70:3592-601. 2002..Attenuated L. monocytogenes can be studied in adult volunteers without serious long-term health sequelae...
- Safety and immunogenicity of attenuated Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium delivering an HIV-1 Gag antigen via the Salmonella Type III secretion systemCamille N Kotton
Infectious Disease Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, GRJ 504, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Vaccine 24:6216-24. 2006..CKS257 (Salmonella typhimurium SL1344 DeltaphoP/phoQDelta aroA Deltaasd DeltastrA/strB pSB2131) is a live oral vaccine vector expressing HIV Gag...
- Identification of specific targets for the gut mucosal defense factor intestinal alkaline phosphataseKathryn T Chen
Dept of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G467-75. 2010..IAP likely targets these bacterially derived molecules in its role as a gut mucosal defense factor...
- Human Studies of Attenuated Salmonella VectorsElizabeth Hohmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..The major goal of the project is to provide practical safety and immunogenicity data in humans which will help efficiently direct development of live bacterial vectors. ..
- Human studies of Listeria monocytogenes vectorsElizabeth Hohmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide important data on the feasibility and utility of using Listeria monocytogenes vectors in humans. ..
- PHOP/PHOQ DELETED S TYPHI VACCINE STRAINSElizabeth Hohmann; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies are designed to provide novel human safety and immunogenicity data which is vital to the clinical development of live bacterial vaccine vectors. ..