- Roles of default-mode network and supplementary motor area in human vigilance performance: evidence from real-time fMRIOliver Hinds
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
J Neurophysiol 109:1250-8. 2013..The ability to control and enhance human behavior based on brain state may have broad implications...
- The intrinsic shape of human and macaque primary visual cortexOliver Hinds
Department of Cognitive and Neural Systems, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cereb Cortex 18:2586-95. 2008..This result agrees with predictions derived from current models of V1 topography. In addition, V1 shape similarity suggests that similar developmental mechanisms are responsible for establishing V1 shape in these 2 species...
- Locating the functional and anatomical boundaries of human primary visual cortexOliver Hinds
Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Neuroimage 46:915-22. 2009..In addition, that the primary cortical folds predict the location of functional V1 suggests that the mechanism giving rise to V1 location is tied to the development of the cortical folds...
- Computing moment-to-moment BOLD activation for real-time neurofeedbackOliver Hinds
Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, USA
Neuroimage 54:361-8. 2011..Both synthetic and real data were used to validate this method and compare it to the only other published real-time fMRI method...
- When the brain is prepared to learn: enhancing human learning using real-time fMRIJulie J Yoo
McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, USA
Neuroimage 59:846-52. 2012..Further, the use of functional neuroimaging as a causal, rather than correlative, tool to study the human brain may open new insights into the neural basis of human cognition...