Genomes and Genes
Rebecca Suk Heist
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- A phase II study of oxaliplatin, pemetrexed, and bevacizumab in previously treated advanced non-small cell lung cancerRebecca Suk Heist
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:1153-8. 2008..We investigated the activity and tolerability of the combination of oxaliplatin, pemetrexed, and bevacizumab in patients with previously treated advanced NSCLC...
- Phase I/II study of AT-101 with topotecan in relapsed and refractory small cell lung cancerRebecca Suk Heist
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1637-43. 2010..AT-101 is an oral, pan Bcl-2 family protein inhibitor that has demonstrated activity in small cell lung cancer (SCLC) models. A phase I/II study was conducted combining AT-101 with topotecan in relapsed and refractory SCLC...
- Improved tumor vascularization after anti-VEGF therapy with carboplatin and nab-paclitaxel associates with survival in lung cancerRebecca S Heist
Departments of Medicine
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:1547-52. 2015..This hypothesis warrants further dose-titration studies of bevacizumab to examine the dose effect on tumor vasculature and treatment efficacy. ..
- FGFR1 amplification in squamous cell carcinoma of the lungRebecca S Heist
Department or Thoracic Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Thorac Oncol 7:1775-80. 2012..Little is known, however, about the clinical and demographic correlates of FGFR1 amplification...
- Genetic changes in squamous cell lung cancer: a reviewRebecca S Heist
Department of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Thorac Oncol 7:924-33. 2012....
- EGFR-targeted therapies in lung cancer: predictors of response and toxicityRebecca Suk Heist
Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Yawkey 7B, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Pharmacogenomics 10:59-68. 2009..This review focuses on the current state of knowledge of predictors of response and toxicity to EGFR inhibitors in lung cancer...
- Apoptosis gene polymorphisms, age, smoking and the risk of non-small cell lung cancerMonica Ter-Minassian
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston 02115, MA, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:2147-52. 2008..17). No interactions were observed for FAS -1377 G>A and BAT3 Ser625Pro polymorphisms. Our findings indicate that age and smoking may modify the association of the FASLG -844 and IL1B + 3954 SNPs with the risk of NSCLC...
- VEGF polymorphisms and survival in early-stage non-small-cell lung cancerRebecca Suk Heist
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:856-62. 2008..Polymorphisms in the VEGF gene have been identified that are believed to have functional activity. We hypothesized that such polymorphisms may affect survival outcomes among early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients...
- Circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D, VDR polymorphisms, and survival in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerRebecca Suk Heist
Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5596-602. 2008..We hypothesized that vitamin D levels and VDR polymorphisms may also affect survival among patients with advanced NSCLC...
- MDM2 polymorphism, survival, and histology in early-stage non-small-cell lung cancerRebecca Suk Heist
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2243-7. 2007..We hypothesized that the MDM2 G/G genotype may be associated with worse survival outcomes in lung cancer, especially in squamous cell cancers where p53 abnormalities are more common...
- Matrix metalloproteinase polymorphisms and survival in stage I non-small cell lung cancerRebecca Suk Heist
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:5448-53. 2006..We hypothesized that polymorphisms in these MMP genes may be associated with survival outcomes in early-stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Smoking cessation before diagnosis and survival in early stage non-small cell lung cancer patientsWei Zhou
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Lung Cancer 53:375-80. 2006..In conclusion, smoking cessation is associated with improved survival in early stage NSCLC patients. The longer the time since cessation of smoking, the better the survival outcome...
- A phase II study of gefitinib in patients with advanced thyroid cancerNathan A Pennell
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Thyroid 18:317-23. 2008..To determine the efficacy of gefitinib in patients with advanced thyroid cancer...