Jessica E Haberer
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Pediatric adherence to HIV antiretroviral therapyJessica Haberer
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Global Health, Harvard Initiative for Global Health, 3rd Floor, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 6:194-200. 2009..This article provides a conceptual framework and evidence-based look at the factors influencing ART adherence in children and aims to identify areas for intervention for this vulnerable population in need...
- Furthering the reliable and valid measurement of mental health screening, diagnoses, treatment and outcomes through health information technologyJessica E Haberer
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 35:349-53. 2013..Measurement of mental health is challenging; however, many solutions may be found through the use of health information technology...
- Multiple measures reveal antiretroviral adherence successes and challenges in HIV-infected Ugandan childrenJessica E Haberer
Center for Global Health, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36737. 2012..Adherence to HIV antiretroviral therapy (ART) among children in developing settings is poorly understood...
- Real-time electronic adherence monitoring is feasible, comparable to unannounced pill counts, and acceptableJessica E Haberer
Harvard Institute for Global Health, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
AIDS Behav 16:375-82. 2012..26; P = 0.07). Most, but not all, participants liked using the Med-eMonitor. Med-eMonitor allows for real-time adherence monitoring and potentially intervention, which may be critical for prolonging treatment success...
- Excellent adherence to antiretrovirals in HIV+ Zambian children is compromised by disrupted routine, HIV nondisclosure, and paradoxical income effectsJessica E Haberer
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Global Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18505. 2011..A better understanding of pediatric antiretroviral therapy (ART) adherence in sub-Saharan Africa is necessary to develop interventions to sustain high levels of adherence...
- Real-time adherence monitoring for HIV antiretroviral therapyJessica E Haberer
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Global Health, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS Behav 14:1340-6. 2010..Four individuals developed transient, low-level viremia. After overcoming technical challenges, real-time adherence monitoring is feasible for resource-limited settings and may detect suboptimal adherence prior to viral rebound...
- Challenges in using mobile phones for collection of antiretroviral therapy adherence data in a resource-limited settingJessica E Haberer
Department of General Internal Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS Behav 14:1294-301. 2010..Despite near ubiquity of mobile phone technology in resource-limited settings, individual level collection of healthcare data presents challenges. Further research is needed for effective training and incentive methods...
- No association found between traditional healer use and delayed antiretroviral initiation in rural UgandaRUSSELL H HORWITZ
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS Behav 17:260-5. 2013..These findings suggest that TH/SC use does not delay initiation of ART...
- High acceptability for cell phone text messages to improve communication of laboratory results with HIV-infected patients in rural Uganda: a cross-sectional survey studyMark J Siedner
Department of Infectious Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit St, GRJ 5, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:56. 2012....
- Optimizing network connectivity for mobile health technologies in sub-Saharan AfricaMark J Siedner
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e45643. 2012..We hypothesized that the addition of short messaging service (SMS+GPRS) to the standard cellular network modality (GPRS) would reduce network disruptions and improve transmission of data...
- Sexual relationship power and malnutrition among HIV-positive women in rural UgandaMark J Siedner
Department of Infectious Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
AIDS Behav 16:1542-8. 2012..Targeted interventions to improve intimate partner relationship equality should be explored to improve health status among women living with HIV in rural Africa...
- GPS-measured distance to clinic, but not self-reported transportation factors, are associated with missed HIV clinic visits in rural UgandaMark J Siedner
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Global Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
AIDS 27:1503-8. 2013..Studies of the association between transportation barriers and HIV-related health outcomes have shown both positive and negative effects, possibly because a reliable, validated measure of transportation barriers has not been identified...
- Dissemination of Research Findings to Research Participants Living with HIV in Rural Uganda: Challenges and RewardsAnna Baylor
Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Global Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Mbarara, Uganda
PLoS Med 10:e1001397. 2013..David Bangsberg and colleagues explore the challenges and rewards of sharing research findings with participants living with HIV enrolled in observational research in rural sub-Saharan Africa...
- Rethinking the "pre" in pre-therapy counseling: no benefit of additional visits prior to therapy on adherence or viremia in Ugandans initiating ARVsMark J Siedner
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e39894. 2012..We sought to assess for a benefit of adherence counseling visits prior to ARV initiation versus adherence counseling during the early treatment period...
- What's love got to do with it? Explaining adherence to oral antiretroviral pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV-serodiscordant couplesNorma C Ware
Department of Global Health and Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 59:463-8. 2012..This article presents an explanation of PrEP adherence for African serodiscordant couples derived from qualitative data...
- Scaling up human papillomavirus vaccination: a conceptual framework of vaccine adherenceIngrid T Katz
Division of Women s Health, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Sex Health 7:279-86. 2010....
- Unraveling the divergent results of pre-exposure prophylaxis trials for HIV preventionAriane van der Straten
Women s Global Health Imperative, RTI International, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, USA
AIDS 26:F13-9. 2012....