Jeremy A Greene
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Releasing the flood waters: diuril and the reshaping of hypertensionJeremy A Greene
Department of Social Medicine of Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Bull Hist Med 79:749-94. 2005....
- Online social networking by patients with diabetes: a qualitative evaluation of communication with FacebookJeremy A Greene
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 1620 Tremont Street, Suite 3030, Boston, MA 02120, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:287-92. 2011..These new sources of knowledge, support, and engagement have become important for patients living with chronic disease, yet the quality and content of the information provided in these digital arenas are poorly understood...
- Academic-industrial relations before the blockbuster drugs: lessons from the Harvard Committee on Pharmacotherapy, 1939-1943Scott H Podolsky
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Acad Med 86:496-501. 2011..Nevertheless, these early forays into collaborative bench-to-bedside translational research and the rationalization of academic-industrial relations remain instructive today...
- A historical perspective of pharmaceutical promotion and physician educationScott H Podolsky
Center for the History of Medicine, Countway Medical Library, Harvard Medical School, 10 Shattuck St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 300:831-3. 2008
- Variations in pill appearance of antiepileptic drugs and the risk of nonadherenceAaron S Kesselheim
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02120, USA
JAMA Intern Med 173:202-8. 2013..We sought to determine whether switching among different-appearing antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) is associated with increased rates of medication nonpersistence, which can have serious medical, financial, and social consequences...
- Pharmaceutical marketing research and the prescribing physicianJeremy A Greene
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Ann Intern Med 146:742-8. 2007..Examination of the role of physicians and physician organizations in the development of prescriber profiling is directly relevant to the contemporary policy debate surrounding this issue...
- Attention to 'details': etiquette and the pharmaceutical salesman in postwar AmericanJeremy A Greene
Department of the History of Science, Harvard University, Science Center 317, 2 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Soc Stud Sci 34:271-92. 2004..Exploration of the postwar pharmaceutical salesman as an overlooked historical 'type' provides significant insights into the intersection of medicine and the consumer marketplace during the later 20th century...