Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- The combined use of fluorescence, reflectance, and light-scattering spectroscopy for evaluating dysplasia in Barrett's esophagusIrene Georgakoudi
Wellman Laboratories of Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 40 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 14:519-37, ix. 2004....
- Endogenous optical biomarkers of normal and human papillomavirus immortalized epithelial cellsClaudia Mujat
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tufts University, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Int J Cancer 122:363-71. 2008..Since they obviate the need for staining and tissue removal and can be easily combined, they provide desirable options for further clinical development and assessment...
- NAD(P)H and collagen as in vivo quantitative fluorescent biomarkers of epithelial precancerous changesIrene Georgakoudi
G R Harrison Spectroscopy Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Cancer Res 62:682-7. 2002....
- Spectroscopic diagnosis and imaging of invisible pre-cancerKamran Badizadegan
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Laser Biomedical Research Center, USA
Faraday Discuss 126:265-79; discussion 303-11. 2004..The combination of the TMS/FastEEM and LSS imaging instrument will constitute a powerful new diagnostic tool, with LSS imaging to provide wide area surveillance and the TMS probe to provide detailed information on suspect tissue sites...
- Characterization of dysplastic tissue morphology and biochemistry in Barrett's esophagus using diffuse reflectance and light scattering spectroscopyIrene Georgakoudi
George R Harrison Spectroscopy Laboratory, Room 6 014, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139 4307, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 13:297-308. 2003....
- Spectroscopic detection and evaluation of morphologic and biochemical changes in early human oral carcinomaMarkus G Müller
G R Harrison Spectroscopy Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Cancer 97:1681-92. 2003..The current study correlated early biochemical and histologic changes in oral tissue with spectral features in fluorescence, reflectance, and light scattering spectra acquired in vivo to diagnose early stages of oral malignancies...
- Intrinsic fluorescence changes associated with apoptosis of human epithelial keratinocytesIrene Georgakoudi
Biomedical Engineering Department, Tufts University, Science and Technology Center, 4 Colby Street, Rm 245, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:S54-7. 2005
- Intrinsic fluorescence and diffuse reflectance spectroscopy identify superficial foam cells in coronary plaques prone to erosionGeorge O Angheloiu
Spectroscopy Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:1594-600. 2006..This is a key step in our ongoing program to develop a spectroscopic technique for real-time in vivo diagnosis of vulnerable atherosclerotic plaque...
- Trimodal spectroscopy for the detection and characterization of cervical precancers in vivoIrene Georgakoudi
G R Harrison Spectroscopy Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:374-82. 2002....
- Diagnostic cellular organization features extracted from autofluorescence imagesJonathan M Levitt
Biomedical Engineering Department, Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Opt Lett 32:3305-7. 2007....
- Non-invasive optical characterization of biomaterial mineralizationSharad Gupta
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tufts University, 4 Colby Street, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Biomaterials 29:2359-69. 2008..5). Therefore, LSS could serve as a valuable tool for understanding the role of biomaterial properties in mineral formation, and, ultimately, for optimizing biomaterial designs that yield mineral deposits with the desired organization...