Eva Maria Frickel
Affiliation: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Parasite stage-specific recognition of endogenous Toxoplasma gondii-derived CD8+ T cell epitopesEva Maria Frickel
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
J Infect Dis 198:1625-33. 2008..Interferon-gamma-producing CD8+ T cells provide essential protection against T. gondii infection, but the epitopes recognized have so far remained elusive...
- Transnuclear mice with predefined T cell receptor specificities against Toxoplasma gondii obtained via SCNTOktay Kirak
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Science 328:243-8. 2010..The relative ease and speed with which such transnuclear models can be obtained holds promise for the construction of other disease models...
- Transnuclear mice with pre-defined T cell receptor specificities against Toxoplasma gondii obtained via SCNTOktay Kirak
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, USA
J Vis Exp . 2010..The relative ease and speed with which such transnuclear models can be obtained holds promise for the construction of other disease models...
- Cell death of gamma interferon-stimulated human fibroblasts upon Toxoplasma gondii infection induces early parasite egress and limits parasite replicationWendy Niedelman
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Infect Immun 81:4341-9. 2013..This IFN-γ-induced cell death and early egress limits replication in HFFs and could promote clearance of the parasite by immune cells. ..
- Determinants of GBP recruitment to Toxoplasma gondii vacuoles and the parasitic factors that control itSebastian Virreira Winter
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24434. 2011..Depending on the virulence of the strains involved, numerous GBPs are brought to the PV as part of a large, multimeric structure to combat T. gondii...
- Apicomplexan UCHL3 retains dual specificity for ubiquitin and Nedd8 throughout evolutionEva Maria Frickel
Whitehead Institute, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Cell Microbiol 9:1601-10. 2007..The characterization of these apicomplexan UCHL3s adds to our understanding of the ubiquitin and Nedd8 pathways in these parasites...
- Immunoglobulin G signaling activates lysosome/phagosome dockingVishal Trivedi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:18226-31. 2006..We propose that this pathway contributes to the role of antibodies in the protection against microbial infections...