Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Web-browser encryption of personal health informationRichard E Morse
MGH Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Staniford St, Ste 560, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 11:70. 2011..However it is important to protect patient confidentiality, as many medical conditions are stigmatized and disclosure could result in personal and/or financial loss...
- Design considerations in a sib-pair study of linkage for susceptibility loci in cancerRichard A Kerber
Population Sciences Program, Hunstman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
BMC Med Genet 9:64. 2008..However, the sibpair design is still valuable because it requires few assumptions other than acceptably high penetrance to identify genetic loci...
- Large prospective study of ovarian cancer screening in high-risk women: CA125 cut-point defined by menopausal statusSteven J Skates
Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:1401-8. 2011....
- A score test for association of a longitudinal marker and an event with missing dataDianne M Finkelstein
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Biometrics 66:726-32. 2010..The problem was motivated by data from an observational study of patients with diabetes...
- Bcl2 and human papilloma virus 16 as predictors of outcome following concurrent chemoradiation for advanced oropharyngeal cancerAnthony C Nichols
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:2138-46. 2010..To determine whether Bcl2 and HPV together might further characterize treatment response, we examined whether the prognostic value of Bcl2 was independent of HPV status...
- Epidermal growth factor gene functional polymorphism and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with cirrhosisKenneth K Tanabe
Division of Surgical Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
JAMA 299:53-60. 2008..Overexpression of epidermal growth factor (EGF) in the liver induces transformation to hepatocellular carcinoma in animal models. Polymorphisms in the EGF gene modulate EGF levels...
- Predictors of an accurate preoperative sestamibi scan for single-gland parathyroid adenomasAntonia E Stephen
Department of Surgical Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Surg 142:381-6. 2007..To investigate why some patients with single parathyroid adenomas have negative preoperative sestamibi scans...
- Quantitatively determined survivin expression levels are of prognostic value in human gliomasArnab Chakravarti
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1063-8. 2002..Its expression has been found to be of prognostic significance in several tumor types. This is the first study on the prognostic significance of survivin expression in human gliomas...
- Phase I trial and pharmacokinetics of escalating doses of paclitaxel and concurrent hyperfractionated radiotherapy with or without amifostine in patients with advanced head and neck carcinomaPhilip C Amrein
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer 104:1418-27. 2005....
- Survival analysis of longitudinal microarraysNatasa Rajicic
Massachusetts General Hospital, Biostatistics Unit 50 Staniford Street, Suite 560, Boston, MA, USA
Bioinformatics 22:2643-9. 2006..gluegrant.org)...
- Results of whole-brain radiation as salvage of methotrexate failure for immunocompetent patients with primary CNS lymphomaPaul L Nguyen
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Radiation Oncology, 100 Blossom St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:1507-13. 2005..9 months. Age less than 60 years and response to WBRT predict post-WBRT survival. Modest rates of late neurotoxicity (15%) were seen and were associated with a total dose greater than 36 Gy...
- Comparing survival of a sample to that of a standard populationDianne M Finkelstein
Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1434-9. 2003
- Phase II study of paclitaxel and carboplatin for malignant melanomaF Stephen Hodi
Adult Oncology, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 25:283-6. 2002..Comparisons with other treatment regimens and the search for additional active compounds against melanoma are needed...
- Breast cancer after treatment of Hodgkin's lymphoma: risk factors that really matterMohamed A Alm El-Din
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:69-74. 2009..To evaluate the risk of breast cancer (BC) and the contributing risk factors in women after supradiaphragmatic irradiation (SDI) for Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL)...
- Regression of microalbuminuria in type 1 diabetesBruce A Perkins
Section on Genetics and Epidemiology, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
N Engl J Med 348:2285-93. 2003..Identification of the multiple determinants of the regression of microalbuminuria has implications for current theories about the mechanisms of early diabetic nephropathy...
- Brain tumor oncolysis with replication-conditional herpes simplex virus type 1 expressing the prodrug-activating genes, CYP2B1 and secreted human intestinal carboxylesterase, in combination with cyclophosphamide and irinotecanEdyta Tyminski
Molecular Neuro-Oncology Laboratories, Neurosurgery Service and Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 65:6850-7. 2005..Therefore, MGH2 provides effective multimodal therapy for gliomas in preclinical models when combined with these chemotherapy agents...
- Model-based predictions of BRCA1/2 mutation status in breast carcinoma patients treated at an academic medical centerKristen M Shannon
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Cancer 94:305-13. 2002..The actual number of patients eligible to receive BRCA1/2 genetic testing outweighs the number of patients seen for genetic counseling at the study institution. Finally, limited correlation was found between current predictive models...
- Study of either ifosfamide or teniposide compared to a standard chemotherapy for extensive disease small cell lung cancer: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group randomized study (E1588)David S Ettinger
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Bunting-Blaustein Cancer Research Building, Room G-88, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD, USA
Lung Cancer 37:311-8. 2002....
- Predicting time to prostate cancer recurrence based on joint models for non-linear longitudinal biomarkers and event time outcomesDonna K Pauler
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, MP 702, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Stat Med 21:3897-911. 2002..Based on these data, predictive schemes for detecting cancer recurrence in new patients based on their longitudinal trajectory are derived...
- Increased prevalence of EGFR-mutant lung cancer in women and in East Asian populations: analysis of estrogen-related polymorphismsDaphne W Bell
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4079-84. 2008....
- Prognosis and management of extramammary Paget's disease and the association with secondary malignanciesJean Pierre E N Pierie
Department of Surgery, Medisch Centrum Leeuwarden, Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Surg 196:45-50. 2003..A thorough search for frequently occurring secondary malignancies might be beneficial to provide the best outcomes for these patients...
- Validity of models for predicting BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutationsGiovanni Parmigiani
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2011, USA
Ann Intern Med 147:441-50. 2007..At least 7 models for estimating the probabilities of having a mutation are used widely in clinical and scientific activities; however, the merits and limitations of these models are not fully understood...
- Modelling the relationship between continuous covariates and clinical events using isotonic regressionMarek Ancukiewicz
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, U.S.A
Stat Med 22:3151-9. 2003..These methods will be applied to graphically display the risk for an AIDS patient of an opportunistic infection as a function of CD4 count...
- Perioperative CA19-9 levels can predict stage and survival in patients with resectable pancreatic adenocarcinomaCristina R Ferrone
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2897-902. 2006..CA19-9 levels should be included in a patient's perioperative care and should be considered for prognostic nomograms...
- Methods for Statistical Analysis of Cancer Genetic Network StudiesDianne Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- COORDINATING CENTER FOR THE CANCER GENETICS NETWORKDianne Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will coordinate our activities with the other members of the Informatics Technology group. ..
- Analysis of Longitudinal High Dimensional Data for Burn and Trauma StudiesDianne Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..This knowledge can be used to improve the treatment of severely burned patients resulting in more rapid and complete recovery. ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR RESEARCH IN CANCER AND AIDSDianne Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR RESEARCH IN CANCER AND AIDSDianne Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 1999....