Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Quantitatively determined survivin expression levels are of prognostic value in human gliomasArnab Chakravarti
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1063-8. 2002..Its expression has been found to be of prognostic significance in several tumor types. This is the first study on the prognostic significance of survivin expression in human gliomas...
- Phase I trial and pharmacokinetics of escalating doses of paclitaxel and concurrent hyperfractionated radiotherapy with or without amifostine in patients with advanced head and neck carcinomaPhilip C Amrein
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer 104:1418-27. 2005....
- Web-browser encryption of personal health informationRichard E Morse
MGH Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Staniford St, Ste 560, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 11:70. 2011..However it is important to protect patient confidentiality, as many medical conditions are stigmatized and disclosure could result in personal and/or financial loss...
- Design considerations in a sib-pair study of linkage for susceptibility loci in cancerRichard A Kerber
Population Sciences Program, Hunstman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
BMC Med Genet 9:64. 2008..However, the sibpair design is still valuable because it requires few assumptions other than acceptably high penetrance to identify genetic loci...
- Large prospective study of ovarian cancer screening in high-risk women: CA125 cut-point defined by menopausal statusSteven J Skates
Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:1401-8. 2011....
- A score test for association of a longitudinal marker and an event with missing dataDianne M Finkelstein
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Biometrics 66:726-32. 2010..The problem was motivated by data from an observational study of patients with diabetes...
- Bcl2 and human papilloma virus 16 as predictors of outcome following concurrent chemoradiation for advanced oropharyngeal cancerAnthony C Nichols
Department of Otolaryngology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:2138-46. 2010..To determine whether Bcl2 and HPV together might further characterize treatment response, we examined whether the prognostic value of Bcl2 was independent of HPV status...
- Epidermal growth factor gene functional polymorphism and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with cirrhosisKenneth K Tanabe
Division of Surgical Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
JAMA 299:53-60. 2008..Overexpression of epidermal growth factor (EGF) in the liver induces transformation to hepatocellular carcinoma in animal models. Polymorphisms in the EGF gene modulate EGF levels...
- Predictors of an accurate preoperative sestamibi scan for single-gland parathyroid adenomasAntonia E Stephen
Department of Surgical Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Surg 142:381-6. 2007..To investigate why some patients with single parathyroid adenomas have negative preoperative sestamibi scans...
- Survival analysis of longitudinal microarraysNatasa Rajicic
Massachusetts General Hospital, Biostatistics Unit 50 Staniford Street, Suite 560, Boston, MA, USA
Bioinformatics 22:2643-9. 2006..When gene expressions are measured over time, there are methods for differentiating temporal patterns. However, methods have not yet been proposed for the survival analysis of longitudinally collected microarrays...
- Results of whole-brain radiation as salvage of methotrexate failure for immunocompetent patients with primary CNS lymphomaPaul L Nguyen
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Radiation Oncology, 100 Blossom St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:1507-13. 2005..This study evaluates the efficacy and toxicity of whole-brain radiation therapy (WBRT) as salvage therapy for immunocompetent patients who failed initial high-dose methotrexate for primary CNS lymphoma (PCNSL)...
- Comparing survival of a sample to that of a standard populationDianne M Finkelstein
Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1434-9. 2003
- Phase II study of paclitaxel and carboplatin for malignant melanomaF Stephen Hodi
Adult Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 25:283-6. 2002..Comparisons with other treatment regimens and the search for additional active compounds against melanoma are needed...
- Breast cancer after treatment of Hodgkin's lymphoma: risk factors that really matterMohamed A Alm El-Din
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:69-74. 2009..To evaluate the risk of breast cancer (BC) and the contributing risk factors in women after supradiaphragmatic irradiation (SDI) for Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL)...
- Regression of microalbuminuria in type 1 diabetesBruce A Perkins
Section on Genetics and Epidemiology, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
N Engl J Med 348:2285-93. 2003..In the present study, we aimed to determine the frequency of a significant reduction in urinary albumin excretion and factors affecting such reduction in patients with type 1 diabetes and microalbuminuria...
- Brain tumor oncolysis with replication-conditional herpes simplex virus type 1 expressing the prodrug-activating genes, CYP2B1 and secreted human intestinal carboxylesterase, in combination with cyclophosphamide and irinotecanEdyta Tyminski
Molecular Neuro oncology Laboratories, Neurosurgery Service and Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 65:6850-7. 2005..Therefore, MGH2 provides effective multimodal therapy for gliomas in preclinical models when combined with these chemotherapy agents...
- Model-based predictions of BRCA1/2 mutation status in breast carcinoma patients treated at an academic medical centerKristen M Shannon
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Cancer 94:305-13. 2002....
- Study of either ifosfamide or teniposide compared to a standard chemotherapy for extensive disease small cell lung cancer: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group randomized study (E1588)David S Ettinger
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Bunting Blaustein Cancer Research Building, Room G 88, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD, USA
Lung Cancer 37:311-8. 2002....
- Predicting time to prostate cancer recurrence based on joint models for non-linear longitudinal biomarkers and event time outcomesDonna K Pauler
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, MP 702, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Stat Med 21:3897-911. 2002..Based on these data, predictive schemes for detecting cancer recurrence in new patients based on their longitudinal trajectory are derived...
- Increased prevalence of EGFR-mutant lung cancer in women and in East Asian populations: analysis of estrogen-related polymorphismsDaphne W Bell
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:4079-84. 2008....
- Prognosis and management of extramammary Paget's disease and the association with secondary malignanciesJean Pierre E N Pierie
Department of Surgery, Medisch Centrum Leeuwarden, Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Surg 196:45-50. 2003..Extramammary Paget's disease (EMPD) is a rare clinical entity and can be associated with other malignancies. We analyzed our experience for prognosis and impact of therapy on outcomes...
- Validity of models for predicting BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutationsGiovanni Parmigiani
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2011, USA
Ann Intern Med 147:441-50. 2007..At least 7 models for estimating the probabilities of having a mutation are used widely in clinical and scientific activities; however, the merits and limitations of these models are not fully understood...
- Modelling the relationship between continuous covariates and clinical events using isotonic regressionMarek Ancukiewicz
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, U S A
Stat Med 22:3151-9. 2003..These methods will be applied to graphically display the risk for an AIDS patient of an opportunistic infection as a function of CD4 count...
- Perioperative CA19-9 levels can predict stage and survival in patients with resectable pancreatic adenocarcinomaCristina R Ferrone
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2897-902. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine whether preoperative CA19-9 levels can predict stage of disease or survival and whether a change in preoperative to postoperative CA19-9 or the postoperative CA19-9 predicts overall survival...
- Methods for Statistical Analysis of Cancer Genetic Network StudiesDianne Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- COORDINATING CENTER FOR THE CANCER GENETICS NETWORKDianne Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will coordinate our activities with the other members of the Informatics Technology group. ..
- Analysis of Longitudinal High Dimensional Data for Burn and Trauma StudiesDianne Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..This knowledge can be used to improve the treatment of severely burned patients resulting in more rapid and complete recovery. ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR RESEARCH IN CANCER AND AIDSDianne Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR RESEARCH IN CANCER AND AIDSDianne Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 1999....