Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: long-term survival does not equal cureCristina R Ferrone
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Surgery 152:S43-9. 2012..Our aim was to identify the prognostic factors for long-term survival after resection of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma related to patients, treatments, and tumor biology...
- Twenty-three years of the Warshaw operation for distal pancreatectomy with preservation of the spleenCristina R Ferrone
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg 253:1136-9. 2011..To describe our series of distal pancreatectomies with preservation of the spleen utilizing the Warshaw operation with a focus on possible long-term complications due to the development of gastric varices...
- Pancreatic fistula rates after 462 distal pancreatectomies: staplers do not decrease fistula ratesCristina R Ferrone
Department of General Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1691-7; discussion 1697-8. 2008..Pancreatic fistula is a major source of morbidity after distal pancreatectomy (DP). We reviewed 462 consecutive patients undergoing DP to determine if the method of stump closure impacted fistula rates...
- Current trends in pancreatic cystic neoplasmsCristina R Ferrone
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Surg 144:448-54. 2009..To define how patients with pancreatic cysts are being diagnosed and treated...
- Does autoimmune pancreatitis increase the risk of pancreatic carcinoma?: a retrospective analysis of pancreatic resectionsRajib Gupta
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Pancreas 42:506-10. 2013..To estimate the risk of malignancy in autoimmune pancreatitis (AIP)...
- Acinar cystadenoma of the pancreas: a clinicopathologic study of 10 cases including multilocular lesions with mural nodulesTze S Khor
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02478, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 36:1579-91. 2012..These findings provide preliminary evidence that ACAs represent a cystic neoplastic lesion...
- Cystic papillary pattern in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: a heretofore undescribed morphologic pattern that mimics intraductal papillary mucinous carcinomaPaul J Kelly
Department of Pathology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Am J Surg Pathol 36:696-701. 2012..In this report we describe our experience with a heretofore undescribed histologic pattern of pancreatic adenocarcinoma that mimics intraductal papillary mucinous carcinoma, both morphologically and radiologically...
- Implications and management of pancreatic fistulas following pancreaticoduodenectomy: the Massachusetts General Hospital experienceGregory Veillette
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, 15 Parkman St, Wang Ambulatory Care Center 460, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Surg 143:476-81. 2008..To describe the management and impact of pancreatic fistulas in a high-volume center...
- Subclassification of autoimmune pancreatitis: a histologic classification with clinical significanceVikram Deshpande
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 35:26-35. 2011..On the basis of these significant differences between the 2 types of AIP, we advocate the position that all subsequent studies attempt to substratify their patients into these 2 groups...
- Mutational profiling reveals PIK3CA mutations in gallbladder carcinomaVikram Deshpande
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
BMC Cancer 11:60. 2011..The genetics of advanced biliary tract cancers (BTC), which encompass intra- and extra-hepatic cholangiocarcinomas as well as gallbladder carcinomas, are heterogeneous and remain to be fully defined...