Alton B Farris
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- The rectal tonsil: a reactive lymphoid proliferation that may mimic lymphomaAlton B Farris
James Homer Wright Pathology Laboratories, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1075-9. 2008..In conclusion, RT, with its distinctive features, is an important entity to recognize. Familiarity with the range of histologic features characteristic of the RT is critical in avoiding misinterpretation as lymphoma...
- The dichotomy in carcinogenesis of the distal esophagus and esophagogastric junction: intestinal-type vs cardiac-type mucosa-associated adenocarcinomaElizabeth G Demicco
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mod Pathol 24:1177-90. 2011..Additional studies are warranted to further clarify their pathogenesis and the molecular mechanisms involved...
- Autoimmune pancreatitis-related cholecystitis: a morphologically and immunologically distinctive form of lymphoplasmacytic sclerosing cholecystitisWei Lia Wang
The James Homer Wright Pathology Laboratories, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Histopathology 54:829-36. 2009..The aim was to identify unique morphological and immunological features that could help distinguish gallbladders of AIP from those associated with PSC and PDACs...
- Sessile serrated adenoma: challenging discrimination from other serrated colonic polypsAlton B Farris
Department of Pathology, Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:30-5. 2008..However, this level of variability is acceptable because the presence of SSA indicates increased risk of developing additional serrated polyps and carcinoma, and surveillance is appropriate...
- Diffuse cellular and fibrosing interstitial pneumonitis with desquamative interstitial pneumonitis-like features associated with myeloid neoplasiaAlton B Farris
Pathology Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1485-93. 2009..We conclude that preleukemic myeloid neoplasia can be associated with an interstitial pneumonitis with histopathologic features that are distinguishable from both leukemic infiltration and "usual" nonspecific interstitial pneumonia...
- Clinicopathologic and molecular profiles of microsatellite unstable Barrett Esophagus-associated adenocarcinomaAlton B Farris
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 35:647-55. 2011..Given the growing evidence that indicates lack of benefits from adjuvant therapy with fluorouracil in the colonic counterpart, it may be important to identify MSI-H in BE-associated adenocarcinomas...