Karleyton C Evans
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Modulation of spontaneous breathing via limbic/paralimbic-bulbar circuitry: an event-related fMRI studyKarleyton C Evans
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Neurotherapeutics, Massachusetts General Hospital East, 13th Street, Building 149, Suite 2625, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Neuroimage 47:961-71. 2009..We propose that the identified limbic/paralimbic-bulbar circuitry plays a significant role in cognitive and emotional modulation of spontaneous breathing...
- A functional MRI study of amygdala responses to angry schematic faces in social anxiety disorderKarleyton C Evans
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:496-505. 2008..However, extending earlier findings in healthy subjects, schematic faces appear more effective for probing amygdala responses to arousal-based (Angry versus Neutral) as opposed to valence-based (Angry versus Happy) contrasts...
- A PET study of tiagabine treatment implicates ventral medial prefrontal cortex in generalized social anxiety disorderKarleyton C Evans
Department of Psychiatry, Psychiatric Neuroscience Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:390-8. 2009..Given the pharmacological profile of tiagabine, these findings suggest that its therapeutic effects in gSAD may be mediated by GABAergic modulation within the vmPFC...
- Cortico-limbic circuitry and the airways: insights from functional neuroimaging of respiratory afferents and efferentsKarleyton C Evans
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Biol Psychol 84:13-25. 2010..To aid the interpretation of present and future findings, the complexities and challenges underlying neuroimaging methodologies will also be reviewed as applied to the study of respiration physiology...
- Stress reduction correlates with structural changes in the amygdalaBritta K Hölzel
Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 5:11-7. 2010....
- The relationship of anxiety disorders, anxiety sensitivity and pulmonary dysfunction with dyspnea-related distress and avoidanceNaomi M Simon
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 194:951-7. 2006....
- Using neuroimaging to predict treatment response in mood and anxiety disordersKarleyton C Evans
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 18:33-42. 2006..However, the actual clinical utility of such tests remains to be shown...
- BOLD fMRI identifies limbic, paralimbic, and cerebellar activation during air hungerKarleyton C Evans
Physiology Program, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurophysiol 88:1500-11. 2002....