Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Differentially expressed alternatively spliced genes in malignant pleural mesothelioma identified using massively parallel transcriptome sequencingLingsheng Dong
The Thoracic Surgery Oncology Laboratory and Division of Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Med Genet 10:149. 2009..We hypothesized that alternative splicing profiles might be detected in the sequencing data for the expressed genes in these samples...
- Four-gene expression ratio test for survival in patients undergoing surgery for mesotheliomaGavin J Gordon
Department of Surgery, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:678-86. 2009..In this study, we investigated the predictive value and technical assay performance of this test in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma...
- Second generation sequencing of the mesothelioma tumor genomeRaphael Bueno
The International Mesothelioma Program, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10612. 2010..Second-generation sequencing uncovered all types of mutations in this MPM tumor, with DNA rearrangements representing the dominant type...
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsies for gene expression ratio-based diagnostic and prognostic tests in malignant pleural mesotheliomaAssunta De Rienzo
The Thoracic Surgery Oncology Laboratory and International Mesothelioma Program, and Division of Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:310-6. 2011..We postulated that the accuracy of FNA-based diagnosis might be improved by the addition of molecular tests using a gene expression ratio-based algorithm and that prognostic tests could be similarly performed...
- Transcriptome sequencing of malignant pleural mesothelioma tumorsDavid J Sugarbaker
International Mesothelioma Program, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3521-6. 2008..Of the seven point mutations, three were observed in at least one tumor from 49 other MPM patients. The mutations were in genes that could be causally related to cancer and included XRCC6, PDZK1IP1, ACTR1A, and AVEN...
- A gene expression ratio-based diagnostic test for bladder cancerLingsheng Dong
The Thoracic Surgery Oncology Laboratory and the Division of Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Adv Appl Bioinform Chem 2:17-22. 2009..In this study, we sought to determine whether this technique could be applied to the diagnosis of bladder cancer...
- Drop-on-demand single cell isolation and total RNA analysisSangjun Moon
Demirci Bio Acoustic MEMS in Medicine BAMM Laboratory, Center for Bioengineering, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17455. 2011..This automated platform enabling high-throughput cell manipulation for subsequent genomic analysis employs fewer handling steps compared to existing methods...